The Dart is now in hibernating

-

skep419

5.9 Magnum 4 speed afficionado
Reaction score
Insurance is down to storage coverage. Fuel is at less than quarter tank. Thinking seafoam in the carb and tank? (whats everyone doing?)
I have a spare 1968 single spline side gear 742 clutch type 3.23 diff. Only thing missing is the 1350 series yoke. 3.91's got old cruising this year. Thinking a little spray with the 3.23's wll be the best of both worlds.

I went from 3:73'S to 3:23'S this summer what a difference. 20 mpg out of my 340 and all the power I need and it cruises great!

Just put everything in storage also..... BUT, got the snowmobile out to get it ready :)

Even though we have a few months before snow comes.

I went from 3:73'S to 3:23'S this summer what a difference. 20 mpg out of my 340 and all the power I need and it cruises great!

Is that city or highway? I'm curious because I'm going to have a 340 with 3.23 gears (with a TKO500) when my Duster gets done and have no idea what sort of economy I may really get with it.

Is that city or highway? I'm curious because I'm going to have a 340 with 3.23 gears (with a TKO500) when my Duster gets done and have no idea what sort of economy I may really get with it.
Highway, Its all hilly and mountians but its driving at 55-60 mph.

Fuel is at less than quarter tank.

isn't it better to store with a full tank?? any exposed metal inside the tank and on the sending unit will get rust on it with such little gas in the tank.

isn't it better to store with a full tank?? any exposed metal inside the tank and on the sending unit will get rust on it with such little gas in the tank.
Yep, Condensation is not good in a fuel tank, Better to be stored full.

went from 391 to 355 turns 3000 at 60mph I get 16 1/2 with a 360 engine. fill the tank use a little stable or seafoam it will be fine.

I leave the least in the tank as possible. That way there isn't that much to
go bad. Put the car up on blocks, disconnect the battery and cover it up.
I don't touch it till spring. Then put in fresh gas and fire it up. Haven't had
any problems doing this for over 10 years.
You don't change the tempature in the garage. You won't get the moisture.
I do put some cheap dryer sheets in the interior, trunk, under the hood in
the tail pipes and the wheels to keep the mice out. They don't like the smell.
Don't hurt to put some mice poision around.
I put our Duster and our Dakota R/T away that way every year.

-
Back