The DUMBEST F***** thing I....

-
That is how its going, driving stinks for the most part today/ I swear the traffic lights stay red longer then they stay green. By my home its stop for almost every traffic light. Traffic moves so slow yet the second the light turns yellow 90% of the folks hit the brakes...in the old days 5 cars would had went through the yellow-red light. I recall red lights being red for 20--30 seconds, today they stay red for over a min.

And we are not to text and drive, come on/ if I had running water in my car I could wash my hair and drive on the secondary roads. Now the freeways, those are cool--long as those dumb radar detectors aren't buzzing away. God forbid these wimpy drivers going 3--4 mph over the limit pass the police, more likely they go 5--10 under the limit.

from wiki:

Mobil Economy Run was an event that took place every year from 1936 (except during World War II) to 1968. It was designed to provide real fuel efficiency numbers during a coast to coast test on real roads and with regular traffic and weather conditions. The Mobil Oil Corporation sponsored it and the United States Auto Club (USAC) sanctioned and operated the run.

It even took place in Britain during many of the same years:

http://www.ianbyrne.free-online.co.uk/special/economy.htm

The Mobil Economy Run ended in 1968 in the USA, but possibly a little later in Britain. In the 1970s it was taken over in the UK by Total, the large French company, but discontinued after a few more years. Total have run a similar Total Economy Run in South Africa since 1977 and this still offers a chance to see how fuel efficient normal cars can be when driven extremely carefully. In recent years Petron have established a similar event for motorcycles in the Philippines that is open to almost any motorcyclist who wishes to enter

That is just funny, let see NASCAR do this.........HELL NO!

Didn't Union Oil do an ecomony test with a Charger R/T, a Polara 500, a Monaco Custom, and a Dart GTS? (1969). I agree, this is stupid, a highmiler race. :p Really? They should quit while they're ahead. Also what's the deal with the article saying "Toyota's popular hybrid". It's a fact hybrids were never popular in this country.

A friend of mine bought one 8 years ago . When asked why he bought it , his reply is "to get the best-possible mileage" . And , he actually operates the damned thing at 55-60 mph on the freeway , just like it's *supposed* to be operated ! Kudos for him :glasses7: .
My chief complaints about the Prius are as follows :

- Touchscreen for every operation inside the vehicle (climate control and sound system) ;
- Pushbutton Start ;
- Gear Selector ;
- Visibility ;
- Freeway speeds necessitate gasoline engine operation .

Its acceleration capabilities are very good , which is helped in no small measure by the CVT transmission . They're quiet and reasonably comfortable .

Now , if only a less ugly design could be implemented ...

My chief complaints about the Prius are as follows :

The owners always seem to be doing 50 IN THE LEFT LANE

When the light turns green and you're more than 10 cars behind the Prius in the lead, you aren't getting through the intersection

When I think Pree ***, this comes to mind

article-1363116-0D791286000005DC-219_634x407.jpg

you guys wont like this [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAXLdw6Mg_I"]Prius Street Race - YouTube[/ame]

Looked like some close racing. I am shocked the slat did that well. Good thing a 340 car did not show up.

Now , if only a less ugly design could be implemented ...

They are finally getting to that. Look up the car called the Sunset by Fisker, I'd own one (and drive the hell outta it).

LOL..

Can you imagine 8 hours of racing at those speeds?

And I really thought the Plymouth/Dodge Duster was gonna win, it did list a B&M shifter over the stock one. I almost missed the race, when the guy fired up the Prius, I thought my microwave was telling me lunch was ready..

Grant

The owners always seem to be doing 50 IN THE LEFT LANE

When the light turns green and you're more than 10 cars behind the Prius in the lead, you aren't getting through the intersection

When I think Pree ***, this comes to mind

article-1363116-0D791286000005DC-219_634x407.jpg
9.9 out of 10 Prius owners in So Cal are haulin' *** in the fast lane . Where's that 50 MPG now ??? To go that fast , the car's running-off its gas engine ! MPG's drop dramatically in those Hybrids when they're running on the gas engine ; 14 MPG average !

-
Back