The Duster Name Is Alive!

-

jonn6464

1970 Duster
Reaction score
I'm in Ireland at the moment, and came across this while driving in Dublin. I wonder if these letters would look good across the back of my 70 Duster?
IMG_20220918_124811662_HDR.jpg

Don't do it, PLEASE! It's amazing how car makers are bringing back car names & people (in this Country at least) are buying them like crazy.

Look for "Duster" parts on Ebay and you will see these "Duster" parts listed. That's how I found out they existed.

I agree with OTTMUNDR --- don't junk up your car with those gawdy looking large letters .... it's better to remain stealth except to those who know what you have ....

Renegade 2014
Dacia Duster 2nd gen 2017

Copy cats! :)

If your car was pro touring in nature, I could see them on there

I’m not opposed to borrowing parts off of different cars, but I think in this case they’re going to look out of place because of the size. That Dacia has a lot more real estate back there. The letters will be too big to offset to one side or another, so you’ll be stuck putting it smack dab in the middle of the tail panel.

Hmmm. Maybe with the right paint or stripe treatment? Like I could see if maybe working with a stripe treatment like this on the ‘73+ cars
818FACD2-081F-4F86-A95F-EA6E87D9AEC6.jpeg

With a ‘70 I dunno if you’ll have enough space between the tail lights to space the letters out and have it look right…

What brand is it?
Looks like someone copied someone!

Dacia
A low cost branch of Renault group.
Cars are built in Romania to reduce costs of production using cheap parts of low-end Renault cars.
Others models : Logan, Sandero, Lodgy, Jogger, Spring (electric)
Dacia models are very popular in Europe thanks to their low prices and reliable engines.

Outside Europe, Dacia's are badged Renault

Nothing to do with Jeep, which belong to the italian group Stellantis.

Last edited:
I'm in Ireland at the moment, and came across this while driving in Dublin. I wonder if these letters would look good across the back of my 70 Duster?
View attachment 1715987573
Not to go off on a tangent but a few years ago I was at a Hyundai dealership, Don't ask me why, and I saw a Veloster on the showroom floor that was painted orange. Want to guess the name of that color? It was Vitamin C of all things....sheeeshhhhh

The name Duster may be alive, but someone needs to kill it in its current configuration.

I've seen a few of them driving around Oklahoma. It's not too uncommon to see cars from Mexico here. Although they are Renault Dusters. Not Dacia.

I've seen a few of the cool Mexican market late 90's- early 00's Ram Chargers. One was for sale pretty recently.

-
Back