The end is near...

-
Electric motor with artificial vroom vroom and servos to make the car, no the drivers seat vibrate like there is a cammed big block under the hood...

Electric motor with artificial vroom vroom and servos to make the car, no the drivers seat vibrate like there is a cammed big block under the hood...
Now in all seriousness how could you respect someone that thinks that is cool and has no problem giving up their real cars in favor of that trash?

Now in all seriousness how could you respect someone that thinks that is cool and has no problem giving up their real cars in favor of that trash?
That is what I see the car companies selling "the video game generation" as a muscle car. Its all about sensory input not real world nuances. Thes eare the guys who will screw a silicone sex doll instead of a real woman ...its a mindset. The more I think of it the human race is doomed :lol:

That is what I see the car companies selling "the video game generation" as a muscle car. Its all about sensory input not real world nuances. Thes eare the guys who will screw a silicone sex doll instead of a real woman ...its a mindset. The more I think of it the human race is doomed :lol:
Are you a clone of me? LOL

While I don't disagree, I think the "video game generation" that you are talking about don't care what a car looks like or how fast it is as long as they don't have to be pressured with having to drive. Seems like the average age of people getting their drivers license is going up fast, and I think there are fewer and fewer. The thought is that kids want a phone now instead of a car because that is more "freedom" than a car gives. A car brings stress and pressure, and they can't handle it after growing up in an environment where Mom and Dad fix everything and they never suffer. Putting a kid like that in a car is like putting a snowflake in a blast furnace.

Not to say there aren't kids that want a car, there are several notable individuals I can think of. But it does seem like the trend.

Honestly, I think if EV's actually take over, it will be because of the self driving option.

While I don't disagree, I think the "video game generation" that you are talking about don't care what a car looks like or how fast it is as long as they don't have to be pressured with having to drive. Seems like the average age of people getting their drivers license is going up fast, and I think there are fewer and fewer. The thought is that kids want a phone now instead of a car because that is more "freedom" than a car gives. A car brings stress and pressure, and they can't handle it after growing up in an environment where Mom and Dad fix everything and they never suffer. Putting a kid like that in a car is like putting a snowflake in a blast furnace.

Not to say there aren't kids that want a car, there are several notable individuals I can think of. But it does seem like the trend.

Honestly, I think if EV's actually take over, it will be because of the self driving option.
Almost everyone on this site will be dead before anyone sees widespread 100% self driving cars in this country.

Almost everyone on this site will be dead before anyone sees widespread 100% self driving cars in this country.

I hope you are right, I think self driving cars are the biggest threat to the hobby. If they mandate that, it won't matter if it is battery or gas powered, the hobby will be dead.

Really feels (to me) like EV and self driving go hand in hand. Maybe because of Tesla pushing it. Don't know, just seems like the real push is self driving cars and EV is just a stepping stone to that.

If you want to imagine something scary, image transportation that can be overridden and carry you to a destination different from where you planned to go. Sure would make it easy to round of dissidents and criminals. And to track your every movement (not that they can't already with your phone). And before you say "but I am a law abiding citizen", it only take one law to put you on the wrong side of things.

For example, you are headed to work one day with your head down working on your presentation while your self driving car blends in with the mass of transportation when you look up and notice you aren't on the usual path. So you look over to your "command screen" and see a notice that says "We see that you had a top load washing machine delivered to your house on 23March32. Bylaw 4001AB, article 325e, paragraph 1035 was pass on 6Jan34 and states that top load washing machines are outlawed in the state of Utah due to excessive water use. You are being remanded to the ecological authorities and will pay a fine of $1,000,000 dollars and a minimum of 6 month in the ecological labor camp to correct the damage your carbon footprint has left. Do not attempt to exit the vehicle or to change the destination, you have been locked out of the system and are at our mercy. Thank you for your time and have a nice day."

I hope you are right, I think self driving cars are the biggest threat to the hobby. If they mandate that, it won't matter if it is battery or gas powered, the hobby will be dead.

Really feels (to me) like EV and self driving go hand in hand. Maybe because of Tesla pushing it. Don't know, just seems like the real push is self driving cars and EV is just a stepping stone to that.

If you want to imagine something scary, image transportation that can be overridden and carry you to a destination different from where you planned to go. Sure would make it easy to round of dissidents and criminals. And to track your every movement (not that they can't already with your phone). And before you say "but I am a law abiding citizen", it only take one law to put you on the wrong side of things.

For example, you are headed to work one day with your head down working on your presentation while your self driving car blends in with the mass of transportation when you look up and notice you aren't on the usual path. So you look over to your "command screen" and see a notice that says "We see that you had a top load washing machine delivered to your house on 23March32. Bylaw 4001AB, article 325e, paragraph 1035 was pass on 6Jan34 and states that top load washing machines are outlawed in the state of Utah due to excessive water use. You are being remanded to the ecological authorities and will pay a fine of $1,000,000 dollars and a minimum of 6 month in the ecological labor camp to correct the damage your carbon footprint has left. Do not attempt to exit the vehicle or to change the destination, you have been locked out of the system and are at our mercy. Thank you for your time and have a nice day."
Your correct and they already have the ability to shut your car down remotely and are working on legislation to mandate it on all car lines....basically everything the powers that be do are a negative for the common man.

You probably heard about it already because it was several years ago but some wiz kids actually hacked into late model Chrysler products and was able to 100% control them remotely....they did it to prove how easy it could be accomplished. Rumor had it that Chrysler offered them a job, lol

Basically were all screwed but I certainly won't put myself voluntarily in a position to be at the front of the line when that day comes....they will have to fight to get me

You probably heard about it already because it was several years ago but some wiz kids actually hacked into late model Chrysler products and was able to 100% control them remotely....they did it to prove how easy it could be accomplished. Rumor had it that Chrysler offered them a job, lol

Yep, familiar with that story.

We need an army actually, i'm not even kidding.....care to imagine what the vast majority of our classic mopars will look like 10 years from now?
They are a changin. Still don't like seeing the big wheels with the rubber band tires on them.....

I like to be different from everyone else…..kind of a trendsetter let’s say

Not understanding basic English punctuation definitely doesn't make you different or a trendsetter.
I don't have a 416 so you lost me there, I didn't keep track of what I spent and that makes no sense what you suggested and since nobody else in the world does that kind of race either they agree with me, are you now making the rules for my open invitation race with the mile criteria? The car originally was legal with the 8 pt roll bar it has but has since migrated into something faster and albeit I do want more cage for my safety I have another car that has a 8.50 cage in it if I wanted to run legal 1/4 mile and since 99% of the tracks localish to me are 1/8th mile I have always asked in advance and they all said I was fine to run there so no worrying about me being DQ'd on a 1/8th mile track, It was just me picturing you in my head along with the 3 other guys on here that agree with you of how you treat and drive your car.......my apologizes if I am mistaken.
Yeah, sorry I don't give a single crap about the current displacement of your engine, I'd have to care to know that.

I also don't believe for one second you don't know how much money you spent building it, since pretty much every post you make about your car involves how much money it's worth.

All I was doing is pointing out that you made the rules for your little stunt race so they favored you and your build, and put enough requirements on it you knew it would never happen anyway. Especially since you won't travel. All just so you can say no one will take you up on your offer.

But if the point of your little stunt is actually to prove which is better, the LA or the Gen III, a financial cap makes a lot more sense than requiring it to be N/A. A lot of the improvement in technology that's happened in between is having a supercharged factory engine that will last 100k+ miles without any issues. A lot of the factory LA's from the 70's struggled to make it to 100k even making less than 300 hp. And since the Gen III was likely designed with forced induction in mind, it's not surprising they do so well with it.

And nobody does that kind of a race? Weird, here's one right here...
$3k Drag Challenge - A-body vs B-body

I think most of the automotive magazines out there run engine competitions with a dollar cap, pretty much the same deal isn't it?

Basically were all screwed but I certainly won't put myself voluntarily in a position to be at the front of the line when that day comes....they will have to fight to get me

And somehow you think that doesn't apply to the Toyota you daily drive?

I have a Chipmunk that I befriended this summer and he stops by my shop everyday. It’s usually late afternoon so we sit down and have a beer or two and I grabbed a box of Cheese-it’s (he likes those) and we started talking about cars and engines. He starts rattling on about an article he read on Gen3 Hemi’s and how much he said he would love to step up to one ( it took me months to get rid of his damn 318). I told him to stop talking stupid and I didn’t want to hear anymore about his “pipe dream”. If he keeps this crap up I’m going to defriend him and start drinking with the Possum that walks by.

Yeah, steam locomotives are still awesome, they just get outperformed in every way by modern diesel/electric locomotives. As for sailing, sail ships are about gone, but sailing boats are still popular. I've watched every You Tube episode of SV Delos, whose skipper recently completed a circumnavigation of the globe. If my wife and I were (a lot) younger, I might be tempted to sell everything, buy a blue water sail boat and just cruise.
My grandfather took this picture a little over 100 years ago when he was a cadet pilot in the Royal Flying Corps during WWI. It includes three technologies that were at their peak at the time, but have long since been surpassed. They are powered flight, steam railroad propulsion and personal photography.
I think it illustrates your point perfectly. All of those still work as well as they did. All have their devotees of that level of technology, but none have had use in the mainstream for many years.
FB_IMG_1480292131334.jpg

Not understanding basic English punctuation definitely doesn't make you different or a trendsetter.

Yeah, sorry I don't give a single crap about the current displacement of your engine, I'd have to care to know that.

I also don't believe for one second you don't know how much money you spent building it, since pretty much every post you make about your car involves how much money it's worth.

All I was doing is pointing out that you made the rules for your little stunt race so they favored you and your build, and put enough requirements on it you knew it would never happen anyway. Especially since you won't travel. All just so you can say no one will take you up on your offer.

But if the point of your little stunt is actually to prove which is better, the LA or the Gen III, a financial cap makes a lot more sense than requiring it to be N/A. A lot of the improvement in technology that's happened in between is having a supercharged factory engine that will last 100k+ miles without any issues. A lot of the factory LA's from the 70's struggled to make it to 100k even making less than 300 hp. And since the Gen III was likely designed with forced induction in mind, it's not surprising they do so well with it.

And nobody does that kind of a race? Weird, here's one right here...
$3k Drag Challenge - A-body vs B-body

I think most of the automotive magazines out there run engine competitions with a dollar cap, pretty much the same deal isn't it?

And somehow you think that doesn't apply to the Toyota you daily drive?
You care honey.....stop playing, lol, races that are based on some kind of a financial cap also should be promoted with the rainbow flag, I put out a very fair race in multiple different scenario's as well and since you don't like it it's crap....well guess what your only 1 person, do you know many people that would travel 3000 miles round trip for a 500 dollar purse? geez I don't and I won't but it doesn't mean there isn't someone in the surrounding states that isn't interested but as of yet everybody knows that they don't have the goods to compete against a badass LA platform N/A true street/strip car that is pig heavy in the drag racing world, old engines struggled to reach 100k without work because of lousy oil and filters so I hate to constantly prove you wrong but you make it too easy. I would consider coming up with a special race just for you but I know what you have and what's the point.

How bout I drop a Gen 111 in a Dodge Colt, will that do? You can pick the year. lol
I can drive it from Idaho next year. lol
How about a title for title race. :D
The only thing is I will be hungry for a good steak, will you cook me one before we race? lol

How bout I drop a Gen 111 in a Dodge Colt, will that do? You can pick the year. lol
I can drive it from Idaho next year. lol
How about a title for title race. :D
The only thing is I will be hungry for a good steak, will you cook me one before we race? lol
No problem....just has to meet the preset criteria of it being N/A if in a non modern Challenger or Charger and also has to weigh 3200 lbs minimum. I will be waiting....and no not title for title because I wouldn't want a dodge colt or a gen 3 but irregardless of the outcome I will cook you a steak dinner.

....well guess what your only 1 person...

Hate to break it to you, but despite the number of voices in your head you are only 1 person as well.

...yet everybody knows that they don't have the goods to compete against a badass LA platform N/A true street/strip car that is pig heavy in the drag racing world...

Until you actually do something with it, you might as well be an import guy claiming his car is faster because his fart can made it louder.

It probably is bad ***, but all I see is you crowing about it and never doing anything with it.

Sign up for a drag and drive event and then come back and talk about how bad *** it is.

...old engines struggled to reach 100k without work because of lousy oil and filters...

And inferior ring seal, and gas washed cylinders, and weak ignitions. I am sure there are other reasons, too.

And don't say your old school engine has lasted 8 years with only tune ups and minor maintenance even though it is a race engine. Might as well be on an engine stand for the work it gets.

No problem....just has to meet the preset criteria of it being N/A if in a non modern Challenger or Charger and also has to weigh 3200 lbs minimum. I will be waiting....and no not title for title because I wouldn't want a dodge colt or a gen 3 but irregardless of the outcome I will cook you a steak dinner.
You're not making it easy. lol
I like my steak medium rare.
You know I'm just poking you. :poke::poke:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but just for S&G's I was thinking a 3rd Gen could be built out to around 700hp NA and pair that with a early 70's boxacuda @ close to the 3200lb weight and that could be a very intriguing race.

anyway, it's all mental masturbation; nobody is racing nobody in KC for 500 clams.

make it interesting. make it for pinks.

Hate to break it to you, but despite the number of voices in your head you are only 1 person as well.

Until you actually do something with it, you might as well be an import guy claiming his car is faster because his fart can made it louder.

It probably is bad ***, but all I see is you crowing about it and never doing anything with it.

Sign up for a drag and drive event and then come back and talk about how bad *** it is.

And inferior ring seal, and gas washed cylinders, and weak ignitions. I am sure there are other reasons, too.

And don't say your old school engine has lasted 8 years with only tune ups and minor maintenance even though it is a race engine. Might as well be on an engine stand for the work it gets.

WTF are you talking about? What do you KNOW about ring seal? What do you KNOW about tuning anything?

You leg hump the new Hemi like a dime store ***** on coke but WTF do you KNOW? What have you DONE?

Go do something and get back to me about ring seal and ****.

-
Back