The First A body !!! Lance & Valiant

-
I think they share a number of things. I found this the other day. If anyone is interested he is asking 2K with a /6
55601.jpeg

What similarities do the 60 thru 62 share with the other early Abodies ???
It's probably easier to list the differences. I know the front end has some different parts...don't know specifics. They are basically the same as later A's.

It's probably easier to list the differences. I know the front end has some different parts...don't know specifics. They are basically the same as later A's.
Ok good enough
Crossmember will work with motor mount adapters same as the other ones for a V8 ?

Ok good enough
Crossmember will work with motor mount adapters same as the other ones for a V8 ?
You will have to ask trans-dapt or Schumacher to be sure.... I have a '60 Valiant and the S6 mounts seem to be in the same places but engines are more forward on these early A's. So there may be some fab work needed.

You will have to ask trans-dapt or Schumacher to be sure.... I have a '60 Valiant and the S6 mounts seem to be in the same places but engines are more forward on these early A's. So there may be some fab work needed.
Ok thank you

Good u buying it ?
I asked where its located what state etc
Sorry, i got busy yesterday.
It's in Bakersfield, California
I spoke with the owner and that is what he was asking. I'm not purchasing it. Too many already.

I believe the car is a 62 Lancer.
I think another issue with installing a V8 is the firewall. Its quite large and i believe it houses the heater and vent systems in there.

A lot of things are different the platform is similar but the car is narrower and the K frames for the 60’ to 66’ are the same but they are completely different from the 67’ to 76’ and not interchangeable…… Yeah Sinister is still watching

60 and 61 Valiant or Lancer have quite a few different parts.
Front end suspensions are completely different.
62 models are similar to the A bodies most people are used to.
Of course as the years went by they got wider, longer, etc.
62 and 63 A's have similar radiator yokes and firewall.

60 and 61 Valiant or Lancer have quite a few different parts.
Front end suspensions are completely different.
62 models are similar to the A bodies most people are used to.
Of course as the years went by they got wider, longer, etc.
62 and 63 A's have similar radiator yokes and firewall.
I heard the 60’ has a one year only steering gear box.

The steering linkage and idler arm are different than the later models too. So are rear axle wheel bearings. '60 uses a unique harmonic balancer too.

A lot of things are different the platform is similar but the car is narrower and the K frames for the 60’ to 66’ are the same but they are completely different from the 67’ to 76’ and not interchangeable…… Yeah Sinister is still watching
Ok thank you
So basically slant 6 to 318 conversion engine mounts etc will work on those crossmembers ?

Ok thank you
So basically slant 6 to 318 conversion engine mounts etc will work on those crossmembers ?
You can if you get a set of the 63’ to 66’ motor mounts, the V8 center steering link, and exhaust manifolds, headers will either be fender well or spitfires. If you look around here on FABO a couple of members have had success with Magnum exhaust manifolds with some modifications. I might have a set of the motor mounts. As noted by other members the 60’ is unique to itself and the 61’ also has its own differences the 62’ is the closest to A bodies as 99% of us know Good luck.

You can if you get a set of the 63’ to 66’ motor mounts, the V8 center steering link, and exhaust manifolds, headers will either be fender well or spitfires. If you look around here on FABO a couple of members have had success with Magnum exhaust manifolds with some modifications. I might have a set of the motor mounts. As noted by other members the 60’ is unique to itself and the 61’ also has its own differences the 62’ is the closest to A bodies as 99% of us know Good luck.
Im looking at a 1961 model
If u locate the needed motor mounts let me know thanks Chris

-
Back