The "Good old Days"

-
I remember party lines, oh, boy watch out if you picked up the hone and it wasn't your call, the old biddy on the other line would chew you a new one. Remember 4 or 5 tv stations, moved into town in the mid 80's and got cable, woohoo 12 channels! Remember gas stations before they were c-stores, you could get gas, oil, a pop and a candy bar that was it. I remember one gas station attendant used to give me a roll of life saver candys that were shaped like tires.

I recall Ol Dorothy connecting the lines at the Ivy telephone co. ( her and Earls house) so you could talk to someone. You just picked up the phone and pressed the cradle up and down, Dorothy would come on. you would give her the number or just ask for Ed or Killer or Colleen and she would connect you but only until 10 pm, she would go to bed and you would be out of luck. She would always listen in so everyone could catch up on the gossip... The good ol days in Ivy Ontario and this was in 68, 69. In the 70's her and Earl retired and we went to a shared party line... wasn't the same ever again for the 59 people that lived there

I remember in junior high guns at school weren't a big deal. Hell we had to bring our rifles on the school buss or we would not pass marksmanship class.

Hey Del, are you getting that through the ROKU or is that a local station for you? I like the old shows on ME TV and I don't get it here locally, yet.

There's actually an over-the-air station, part of KXLY channel 4, the ABC station. I watch this quite a bit. Gunsmoke for lunch, LOL

They also have "Taxi" reruns one night a week.

Marilu Henner, wasn't SHE a dish in her day?

taxi.jpg

There's actually an over-the-air station, part of KXLY channel 4, the ABC station. I watch this quite a bit. Gunsmoke for lunch, LOL

They also have "Taxi" reruns one night a week.

Marilu Henner, wasn't SHE a dish in her day?

taxi.jpg

Why YES she was!!!!! And to top it off, the show was kind of funny too!

-
Back