memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Contact seller
Well I just seen where my wife has put my Viking pool cue on ebay...
I can see that she some times don't listen to me :sign3:
She did listen when I told her Do Not post it with her sticks but she got the description wrong, This stick was sent back to Viking cue's and had a 1/2 oz added to it back in 1984 from what I was told by the owner, plus she did not explain the two staffs are tapered ( the last 14'' is even with no tapper for better control) and it is a 20 oz cue, in my 3 1/2 years of APA pool league shooting no one has ever seen on like this, and was appraised at a tournament
for $400 as is and to build this set would cost $900.00 and is a real nice cue.
A couple years ago I was offered $250.00 cash on the spot for it but I would not even take 500 for it ... Well she/we have it up for sale and her pictures don't do it justice IMO :D
Here is the link to take a peek. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Vik...099?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46102039b3

Sorry hun, but when you get home we need to fix the description :laughing:

My pictures and time spent with this great cue
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Vik...099?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46102039b3

Attachments

• Blydville drive away cancer 095.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 390
  • Blydville drive away cancer 094.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 392
  • Blydville drive away cancer 093.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 395
Post and then pm me here if any members would like this stick for ................................................. Buy it know for $175 plus shipping :D
My wife has it set to buy it now for $250.00 I think :glasses7:

Bumped and a new price for our members.

I have that same or very similar Viking cue. I bought it new for that price, and it is by far the best I have ever used. Better than ant McDermott I have ever tried. The balance is beautiful. Good luck with the sale!

These are Viking shafts and tapered and a pair :glasses7: unlike my wives or many Viking cue's, or unlike many shafts that are not tapered as I mentioned in my first post.
Thank you Mopar to ya, and many do agree that these are great cues :color:
The big difference is this cue is well over 30 years old and has been well cared for for many years. Smooth as silk and straight as a string.

Everyone have a great day :glasses7: and stay cool., my 3 day bump :D

Attachments

• APA weekend 079.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 207
  • Picture 159.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 211
Oooooh, I've used Vikings myself and have to agree with everything you've said about yours Mike. My McDermott "Tournament Champions" -- 1 of the limited edition of 50 -- was supposedly valued at $1,000 when I won it in the 90s but I never checked into that because it will be with me forever (and no one else would want it since my name's engraved in it LOL). My breaking stick is a 22 oz. piece of graphite art that would take a serious arm-twist to get away from me too.

Seems a shame you're getting rid of yours though -- I hope you aren't giving up your well loved hobby. I pretty much surrendered pro status when I moved from SoCal to Louisiana somewhat, but from there to the 'sticks' of Tennessee [excuse my pun] really killed my game. I'm lucky if I get to play more than once or twice a year now ... the closest 9-footer is 14 miles away. :-(

Good luck with the sale my friend! One of these days you'll have to give me some pointers. ;-)

Oooooh, I've used Vikings myself and have to agree with everything you've said about yours Mike. My McDermott "Tournament Champions" -- 1 of the limited edition of 50 -- was supposedly valued at $1,000 when I won it in the 90s but I never checked into that because it will be with me forever (and no one else would want it since my name's engraved in it LOL). My breaking stick is a 22 oz. piece of graphite art that would take a serious arm-twist to get away from me too.

Seems a shame you're getting rid of yours though -- I hope you aren't giving up your well loved hobby. I pretty much surrendered pro status when I moved from SoCal to Louisiana somewhat, but from there to the 'sticks' of Tennessee [excuse my pun] really killed my game. I'm lucky if I get to play more than once or twice a year now ... the closest 9-footer is 14 miles away. :-(

Good luck with the sale my friend! One of these days you'll have to give me some pointers. ;-)

I got a McDermott I won in a tournament back in the 80's when I lived in Texas. I hasn't been out of the case in over 10 yrs :banghead:

I bet you could show me a thing or two :glasses7: And I enjoy the game and competition :D I hope to never sell my Viking cue set :cheers: This way if we ever get the chance to shoot I will have it sistha :D memike is keeping my Viking :cheers: not for sale anymore :glasses7: It is not replaceable and it is going up on the wall of all my APA memories :headbang:

I got a McDermott I won in a tournament back in the 80's when I lived in Texas. I hasn't been out of the case in over 10 yrs :banghead:
Howdy my Hawaiian friend :cheers:
Howdy = Hello in Arkansas :toothy7: wow!! I see a fabo pool tournament one day in our life :cheers: I love shooting and will be using my cue again soon one day, who know's I have never been to Hawaii :glasses7:

I am taking my Viking cue off the market this morning :coffee2:
I am happy that it did not sell, this cue is staying with me :D

Not for sale anymore :cheers:

Attachments

• 547125_10150972730596880_87775131_n.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 155
Your thanks button was just hit sistha :D, Yea I am happy to know I don't need to sell it now, money is good but a cue will last longer :toothy7:

I am taking my Viking cue off the market this morning :coffee2:
I am happy that it did not sell, this cue is staying with me :D

Not for sale anymore :cheers:

This is my first time seeing this thread, good to see it has a happy ending Mike.

This is my first time seeing this thread, good to see it has a happy ending Mike.
Thank you goldfish :D I am very happy that all went well and I got to keep this fine stick that has been a part of many memories :cheers:

I'm a Mcdermott man myself, but Viking is a nice stick!!
Many shooters are and I agree they are a fine stick :glasses7:

Thank you fabo for the space I will mark it sold now :glasses7:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back