The ground was shaking........

-

Rick@Laysons

FABO Vendor
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
The ground started shaking, my ribs started vibrating, then my ears started in with a fiercesome roar....

Grabbed my phone and headed for the parking lot........

Looks like a flock of Eagles are gettin ready to roost for a bit!!!!!! :lol:
1710186419414.png

1710186440740.png

1710186456453.png

1710186471655.png

....and this is why I sleep better at might knowing these guys are up there doing their job to protect us all.:thumbsup:

I got to sit in an Eagle at Otis, and fly the simulator also. I was the only one who was able to "fly" the simulator plane, Thanks Microsoft Flight Simulator!

The ground started shaking, my ribs started vibrating, then my ears started in with a fiercesome roar....

View attachment 1716220189

View attachment 1716220191

View attachment 1716220193

View attachment 1716220195

....and this is why I sleep better at might knowing these guys are up there doing their job to protect us all.:thumbsup:
We have Selfridge Air National Guard Base close by and regularly get some cool formations of A10 Warthogs, helicopters, and refueling tankers. Been at a local self service junk yard and had flights of helicopters pass right over us.

I enjoy it every single time.

View attachment 1716220189

View attachment 1716220191

View attachment 1716220193

View attachment 1716220195

They has F15s at McCord back in the late 70s, early 80s They has the anti Satalite mission. Stood ground alert for the NW.

Very cool. We get a few similar out of Joint base Charleston now and then about 5 miles from us that i can't identify, but love watching them go by. :thumbsup:

Common to see F15Es , Warthogs , F16 and an occasional stealth here .
Not to mention some Gaurd choppers running canyons while dirt biking.

During my tour of duty in Germany back in 74-76, working the F-4 Phantoms, the F-15 was just coming into the Air Force inventory.
All us Phantom guys thought thought that aircraft was **** hot, as the F-4 was around for a long time.
Then around the later 1970's the Air Force wanted to send me to Okinawa, for another long tour of duty, when they started to send the first squadron of the F-15 to that island.
I got out of the Air Force, so never worked on them.

During my tour of duty in Germany back in 74-76, working the F-4 Phantoms, the F-15 was just coming into the Air Force inventory.
All us Phantom guys thought thought that aircraft was **** hot, as the F-4 was around for a long time.
Then around the later 1970's the Air Force wanted to send me to Okinawa, for another long tour of duty, when they started to send the first squadron of the F-15 to that island.
I got out of the Air Force, so never worked on them.
They've since come back around to a twin engine airframe. Couldn't get an F-16 to fly lower than where the blue meets the black. Good riddance

I grew up less them a mile down the road from a joint USAF and Dutch air force base
(On a side note, did you know military police has the jurisdiction to enforce civil laws...speed limits for example, within a certain radius from thier base?)

Anyways, every other year they had an open house which came with a flight show

About 2 months before the show they would start practicing

More then once I've seen f-16s or C-130s come by at a height like they were inspecting my chimney

IMG-20170717-WA0006.jpg

Turning 68 this month and living in Pa all my life we would take two week vacations at Mrytle beach South Carolina throughout my teenage years. Back then breaking the sound barrier was an every day occurrence off the shoreline. What a great time to grow up.

The ground was shaking here last week....but it was a real earthquake!!!

My neighbor Ray reports to hold the record for most hours in an F4 Phantom. He chose to never take a desk job and instead took up instructing .

-
Back