The homemade tool Thread

-

Old Tired Rebel

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
After reading here and in the resto forums where members make their own tools. I thought it would be nice to have one place for these tools, How they are made and their usage.

Here's my latest:

In order to get to the ignition switch you have to remove the upper section of the column. Some people get super lucky wiggling it off. Others are more barbaric and use screwdrivers to pry it off. I have a new upper bearing in there so there was no wiggling and prying it off was totally out of the question.

I took an extra turn signal switch retainer and welded a tube, washer, and nut to it. Section came off easy as pie. Mimics factory tool C-4044.

Attachments

• Homemade Steering Shaft Remover C-4044.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 3,170
  • Remover Tool installed.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,384
Opps where did it go? I saved this link in my fav. I tried to go there after I posted this and its gone. It had about 20 differnt things people made

I would think that it makes sense to have it as a sticky so it will be easy to locate, will see.

That's good now all he needs is to add you thread to it so we anyone looking won't miss your link. Actually all the tool post should go here.

That's good now all he needs is to add you thread to it so we anyone looking won't miss your link. Actually all the tool post should go here.

The one he moved and "sticky'd" is my original thread from a few yrs. ago before this forum existed. That's why it was in the general forum. Maybe the OP of this thread can re-post his tool idea in the "sticky'd" one.

-
Back