"The Hum"

-
I have tinnitus as well, too many years working with air tools and other noise, my job now can be a very noisy place, forklifts driving in and out of trailers, etc. I have seen a documentary a few years ago on the subject of a low frequency hum, some evidence suggested it was caused by modern windmills, IDK but there are hundreds of them here in southern Alberta.

You guys are way off base, lol; that is the sound of the Earth wearing out. The old rotator bearings are rumbling along. The star engines are tired of pushing, pushing, pushing, all the time pushing. The tide engine has been pumping what seems like forever, and the locust men are jostling in the shaft of the abyss.
I hear it too especially in the evenings as I prepare for sleep, cuz with everything else shut off, my ears are roving for sounds to identify.
I put earplugs in but then I hear my heartbeat;
ka-chunk, ka-chunk, ka-chunk,
60-59-58 ..............
zz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........................

You guys are way off base; that is the sound of the Earth wearing out. The old rotator bearings are rumbling along. The star engines are tired of pushing, pushing, pushing, all the time pushing. The tide engine has been pumping what seems like forever, and the locust men are jostling in the shaft of the abyss.
I hear it too especially in the evenings as I prepare for sleep, cuz with everything else shut off, my ears are roving for sounds to identify.
I put earplugs in but then I hear my heartbeat;
ka-chunk, ka-chunk, ka-chunk,
60-59-58 ..............
zz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........................
Maybe the bearings are going out cuz we're using all the oil lol

They say that hum started just after WWII. So maybe those bombs woke something up. Or maybe it was all the bombs they lobbed into the upper atmosphere, right after, with no known purpose except just to "light up the sky"...........

They say that hum started just after WWII. So maybe those bombs woke something up. Or maybe it was all the bombs they lobbed into the upper atmosphere, right after, with no known purpose except just to "light up the sky"...........
HEY!!!! It took a lot of care and exacting precision for me to build many of those bombs!!! I still glow at night!!!

Damn you old:rolleyes:
Well yes...... they still build those bombs but they're just much more efficient now!!! The ones I built had 10 times the distructive force as the ones they dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Is there a sewage pumping plant nearby? I used to live near one and only heard it at night. It made a low humming sound like described. It had its own power source and would run when everyone else was sitting in the dark.

-
Back