The Humble Bee

-
I'm trying to use the Humble Bee as my SDD ( semi daily driver ) and this evening pulled into our fav' watering hole to meet Glo after she got off work. Before I could open the door to order a beverage a guy on the patio button-holes me with, " How much do you want for your car ?". My reply was, " No way man, I have too much invested to get anything back", he countered with, " How much do you want for it ?".

There may be a sale in the future or not. Regardless, my head could barely fit through the door to get beverages.

MAN ! Did that make me feel good or what ? Opened up the hood for him and made a point of the resto VC's by Leanna ( gotta add mega bucks to sale price ). He was thinking about a car for his 16 yr old son who just got drivers license ( alarm bells ) and who is evidently a mature 16 yr old and loves old cars.

Mom showed up and sent a pic to son who responded with, " Hell yea, I like it". Sorry son, not for sale. 16 yr old responds with, " Everyone has their price". +$+$+$+$

If they want to buy for son, who am I to get between parents and child.

Fantasy over ! I would sell to Dad but not for use by 16 yr old son.

Today's young people have no idea how to drive a vehicle with no computers, ABS, all drum brakes, etc.

However, I must admit so just a little bit of............YEA !

You should feel good about it. Just think about the sweat you put into making an awesome 45 year old car.I guess sometimes you just need to hear about it from someone,especially a stranger.I am impressed Roger ,that you would consider a stranger's safety before your own personal gain. You're a good man Roger.

You should feel good about it. Just think about the sweat you put into making an awesome 45 year old car.I guess sometimes you just need to hear about it from someone,especially a stranger.I am impressed Roger ,that you would consider a stranger's safety before your own personal gain. You're a good man Roger.

THX Dave, plan on glassing the fan shroud tomorrow and hope to have it installed by this week-end.

It may not be the best looking shroud in the world but it fits tight. Heading out for a drive in 90+ degrees to see if there's a difference on the gage.

Just got back from driving around town in light to light, stop & go for close to an hour. Addition of fan shroud showed def' improvement on temp gage. It's 92 deg F and without shroud the gage needle would be at the borderline overheat mark. Still not perfect but better.

Have to sell ? No....... Knowing the car would go to a recently licensed teenager.........No matter what the offer was/is , I could not accept. I do not want to know a kid killed himself or someone else because he didn't know how to handle a 45 yr old car with a "hot" engine. That's just not in my play-book. And Robert, .....I gotta feeling you know that. Appreciated.

Hey now, some of us recently licensed teenegers ain't too bad are we? :-D

Hey now, some of us recently licensed teenegers ain't too bad are we? :-D

I don't consider you "recently" licensed Daniel; besides, you've worked on your's and got to know it. A 16 yr old with a license the ink on it hasn't dried yet is another matter. I guess I was remembering how I was.

-
Back