The Humble Bee

-
Heck Robert, wasn't even thinking about your post. I'm not offended by any responses. It was....................That's all I have to say about that.

It's great having it back although I didn't get anything done today. Had to come inside to babysit the dog when the thunderstorms started. Cuddle a Pit Bull and say. "There, there, everything's going to be OK".

Mine's not a pit, an aussie sheep hound mix. But she needs to be cuddled, too, when the thunderstorms hit. :-D

Got a little bit done today before the arthritis kicked in and thunderstorms necessitated babysitting the dog. Discovered that my bodyman did such a good job powerwashing the engine bay for paint that all my wiring tags were washed off. He's a friend; I'm laughing. I'll just order another set of points if wires get crossed. Gonna get it running before switching out the points for Pertronix.
The Offy intake manifold changed the geometry of the bypass hose fittings and can't find 3/4" hose with workable pre-bends so wondering if I can use 1" fittings/hose.

jsw_img_1706.jpg

jsw_img_1707.jpg

jsw_img_1708.jpg

Bypass hose problem solved. Machinist/rebuilder ( the guy what's going to write the warranty ) said to go with bigger ( 1" ) hose. With some help from friend & neighbor am to the point of tomorrow just needing to fab a bracket to set up the throttle and kick-down cables, plug wires, couple more hoses, top fluids, crank a bit w/o spark, and vroom. DAMN ! Do those valve covers look good or what ?

jsw_img_1710.jpg

jsw_img_1711.jpg

WOW.....Great progress Barge and you're right about the valve covers. Can't wait for you to get it running 8)

You and Glo will be roaring down the highway in no time :read2:

Those valve covers "DO" look good,and so does everything else.Got any show n shines planned for her? Give me a call when it's running and I'll have a listen.:-D

THX, friend/neighbor is a cop; I'll have him take the vid ( and tell his co-workers to head for the other side of town ).

Hahah, my neighbor is too, im just afraid hes gonna come out and tell me to cut then engine once i get a Mopar. Lol

Those valve covers "DO" look good,and so does everything else.Got any show n shines planned for her? Give me a call when it's running and I'll have a listen.:-D

THX Dave No show & anything planned yet, I don't even have the seat completely bolted back after the floor pan repair. And still have to get the Bee for carpet & headliner. Somehow I doubt taking the Bee to Dubuque this August. BTW, I have no idea how to post my own video, might have to go thru YouTube.

THX Dave No show & anything planned yet, I don't even have the seat completely bolted back after the floor pan repair. And still have to get the Bee for carpet & headliner. Somehow I doubt taking the Bee to Dubuque this August. BTW, I have no idea how to post my own video, might have to go thru YouTube.

It's really easy to do thru Youtube Roger.Done it lots of times and they take quite a wide variety of formats.

Thought today would be the day but not to be and considering what could have been don't mind a bit.
Got the bracket for the throttle and kick down cables fabbed an installed. Installed remaining hoses and started on fluids. Thermostat housing was leaking. No big deal, drained below level and pulled. Just another trip to AutoZone for gasket. Refilled and noticed another coolant drip which I had thought was migration from thermostat. Not so, traced to what appeared to be between DS head and block around intake. Called machinist rebuilder, he asked where I lived and driving time. He closed his shop and 15 min later was pulling into my driveway. Leak turned out to be intake and due to the compression washers he had to make cause the OFFY manifold has really small bolt wells. Everything's cool on that. he said to make sure to crank w/o plugs w/ mechanical oil pressure gage attached. Lemme see.....yep plug right into..................THAT EMPTY HOLE where the sending unit should be. THAT'S what's been nagging me since I ran the vac advance hose to dist'. DUH Nuther trip to AutoZone for the gage I was going to go with anyway. Manager said he was going to check out running a "mail tube" to my house. Crank maybe tomorrow. Now is cocktails on the patio. ( no Lokar return springs, return spring on trans )

jsw_img_1714.jpg

jsw_img_1717.jpg

Don't you love it when you have to make multiple trips? :-D

I swear I had the Advance delivery driver at my door today half a dozen times for 3 vehicles.

Don't you love it when you have to make multiple trips? :-D

I swear I had the Advance delivery driver at my door today half a dozen times for 3 vehicles.

Ya got it Robert, but it was worth it for what was avoided. And after awhile there's advantages to being on first name basis.

Hey Roger,trust me on the name basis with parts stores.They all know me,been there many a time on a daily basis(sometimes twice)Good luck getting her going.Make a list of things and start ticking them off.It works for me,getting older.LOL

Ya got it Robert, but it was worth it for what was avoided. And after awhile there's advantages to being on first name basis.

Hey Roger,trust me on the name basis with parts stores.They all know me,been there many a time on a daily basis(sometimes twice)Good luck getting her going.Make a list of things and start ticking them off.It works for me,getting older.LOL

Gotta agree with you guys. Get on a first name, friendly basis with your parts guys. Helps me a lot in finding those BS parts like 3 out of 8 control arms for Audi's and getting me those parts quick, even if they don't have 'em in stock.

Just went out and checked. Coolant level dropping, oil level on dipstick rising. Off to drain and wait. At least the machinist is on the ball. He called within 5 minutes of my e-mailing him.

Just went out and checked. Coolant level dropping, oil level on dipstick rising. Off to drain and wait. At least the machinist is on the ball. He called within 5 minutes of my e-mailing him.

Wow, nice to have a machinist like yours.

Wow, nice to have a machinist like yours.

Even with all the hassle no one can fault his ethic. There's an auto repair shop right next door to him and he's talking about towing and have them tear the top end back down and got the impression on his dime. I guess I'll end up with the old stock intake. Hope I can get it media blasted and painted before Monday. At least this was all discovered before cranking !!!!!

Good luck on finding the issue.

You're right: better to find it now than during start up...

Drained crankcase this morning- 5 qts coolant with about another pint still in. I wasn't expecting any action until Monday knowing the machinist isn't in this shop on Friday. last night's e-mail was to let him know and then he calls within 5 minutes and called first thing this morning. I expected to have to go back to the cast iron stock manifold but he said he'd get the Offy to seat; will have to machine some around the bolt holes to get proper torque. This guy has been a pleasure to deal with and obviously believes in the " He put his name on the job ".

jsw_img_1722.jpg

-
Back