The Humble Bee

-
My Father once got us stuck in a car wash by entering the wrong end. What can I say I've been automobile traumatized!

break

This is the only red vert pic I have, I think. brg

LOL, How the heck did Dad do that :scratch:. Barge won't steer you wrong ;).

Very nice vert :thumbup: Here's a pic of mine :cheers:

Dart 66 Vert 001.jpg

LOL, How the heck did Dad do that :scratch:. Barge won't steer you wrong ;).

Very nice vert :thumbup: Here's a pic of mine :cheers:

WOW....NICE 66 Hev'Duty envy

Glo has memories of her dad driving into wrong end of automatic carwash. Easily traumatized......she married me. And no, she's not close right now. LOL

The 273 is officially rebuilt and I'm stuck on a boat for the next three weeks. Cam is int. .050 208 dur' 464 lift; ex. .050 218 dur' 464 lift. The valve covers are temps' since the stock finned covers are in Tenn' getting coated by a very talented young lady there.

jsw_273-1.jpg

jsw_273-2.jpg

Lookin' good barge. I bet you can't wait to get home and start the install. 8)

Motor looks good Roger.Nothing wrong with those v covers but I bet you can't wait til Leanna works her magic on yours.I hope your high and dry....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar7DgREshAk"]YouTube- Split Enz - Six Months In A Leaky Boat[/ame]

THX folks. Got time for a quick post ( am on watch but stopped ). When all is said and done I could have had a 360 cheaper but it wouldn't be the same ( or matching ). I somehow have a feeling I'll need a different rear end before summer is over.

Cool vid Dave; a couple remimd me of crew.

a family member of mine has a white dodge ram and he put a black tail stripe on it with a picture of a drunk bee and says "stumble bee" Sorry .....Thought of it and had to share lol

The 273 is officially rebuilt and I'm stuck on a boat for the next three weeks. Cam is int. .050 208 dur' 464 lift; ex. .050 218 dur' 464 lift. The valve covers are temps' since the stock finned covers are in Tenn' getting coated by a very talented young lady there.

Roger, I appreciate the business and your confidence in my abilities. I won't spoil the big surprise for you and your fans here, but will say you sent me some stellar metal to work on. They've been a pleasure to restore.

Your new -- and vastly improved -- Commandos should be home in a few days ... impatiently waiting on you to get back from your worldly travels so they can go to work. :-D

Be safe out there and enjoy your vacation!

"Stumble Bee"......hmmmm....might be more appropriate.

This is torture; first only a couple pics of the engine and now the valve covers are done and I can't see them. C'mon Leanna....pretty please !!!!! I won't be getting off the boat until June 1st ( hopefully ).

Dear Lord grant me patience........RIGHT NOW

Gotta go, duty calls.

Just got a call from the wife. Humble Bee is getting a major make-over and so is the house. All new drapery and hardware for me to install when I get home.

I wonder which I'll be working on first.

Just got a call from the wife. Humble Bee is getting a major make-over and so is the house. All new drapery and hardware for me to install when I get home.

I wonder which I'll be working on first.

Think about that last comment Roger,ya better have the right answer,lol.8)

The valve covers aren't quite finished yet but CudaChick sent me some before/after pics of "to date". The first pic of new coating was the covers wrapped in plastic with the caption " And now ... this is all you get until you get home. " ............. Grown man cry ?

She is amazing !

vc1.jpg

vc2.jpg

vc7.jpg

vc8.jpg

vc9.jpg

Hey Roger, sorry about the little heart attack this morning ... I have to be ornery once in awhile. :-D

I'm glad you like what you see so far. They got finished up this evening ("after" pics on the way to your email).

As you know, I've done a lot of sets of these Commandos. While you're enjoying your vacation, bask in the knowledge that you're the proud owner of the nicest set of HP273s to come out of my shop to date. They were in absolutely stellar shape underneath all that grunge, grime and old paint ... needed none of the usual repairs ... and it's obvious every prior owner loved and took care of them over the last 45 years. Congratulations!

I appreciate the kind words and hope the results exceed all your expectations. It's been a pleasure working with you!

I don;t know whether to install these or display them on the mantle. I don't even mind one of the fins being a little crooked. Amazing work by an amazing individual, CudaChick1968. Trust that Phoenix Speciality Coatings will be THE place I send people to.

Oh....I guess the fin isn't crooked afterall LOL.

vc1f.jpg

vc2f.jpg

Okay, so now we're even on the heart attacks Roger ... I read that and went "A crooked fin!?!?!?! Arghhhhhhhhh WHERE????????"

Who needs coffee?? I'm awake now. LOL

Display on the mantle hahahahaaaaaa -- just go put 'em on your car. It'll be faster with them on it. :-D

I don;t know whether to install these or display them on the mantle. I don't even mind one of the fins being a little crooked. Amazing work by an amazing individual, CudaChick1968. Trust that Phoenix Speciality Coatings will be THE place I send people to.

Oh....I guess the fin isn't crooked afterall LOL.

Makes ya wanna jump overboard and swim home with them, eh Roger. Wow,that mistress sure knows her stuff,beautiful job Leanna.8)

Got home this afternoon and after kissing/hugging Gloria ( more than twice ) and petting Titan ( more than twice ) unwrapped the recently restored valve covers.

WOW !

Leanna, you rock !!!!

They're too nice to sell but I might be talked into trading even up for a '69 RR.
That would be the only way I would part with them.

Roger, I'm glad to hear you're delighted with the final product! I don't know anyone with a Road Runner who needs some Commandos but I'll keep my ears open. LOL

Post some pics when you get the chance. It's not often a set of HP273s as pristine as yours get to be seen these days.

I'll look forward to working with you again! Thanks much for your business and kind words.

Looking good, Roger.

Thank you Robert. It's getting there; hold up waiting for correct tailshaft seal. Leanna, I'll not only post pics of installed valve covers when everything is ready for cranking but also e-mail some hi-res pics too.

Engine bay looks good but I'll have to pull the heater fan motor for black paint.

Engine Bay.jpg

Four weeks back I went to work thinking I would have the Humble Bee in my garage when I got back yesterday to install all the freshly restored/painted parts and crank that baby up. The engine is finished and waiting for the 904 which is waiting for the correct tailshaft seal which should have ( by my thinking ) been ordered and ready long before now. The shop has a very good rep' around town and was rec' to me by another member and until now ( jury still out ) the rep' is well founded. Four weeks and two days ago I told the head wrench the engine would be finished in a few days and he said," I guess I better get going on the transmission ". I understand the shop's position about this being summer and many AC problems but also feel with all the advance notice they have had re: Humble Bee, things could have been handled and necessary parts ordered and ready to go much better.

Whine/rant over.....for today....I have tailshafts seals coming from the far corners of the country to get IT DONE !

Hey, am I wrong here ?

Just got this home. From a 68 Coronet. Don't know yet whether I'll rework or try to trade but couldn't pass it up.

jsw_img_1655.jpg

you know a big problem with the floor rust on these A and B body mopars besides a leaking windshield gasket is the wiper arm shafts.

the seal for the rotating wiper arm shaft to the cast pot metal housing dries out and lets water inside the car since the back half of this part is inside the cowl behind the dashboard. what i did with mine on both of my 2 old dodge charger restorations was to remove these parts from behind the dash when i took each car apart, drilled a hole in each of the housings in an angle that would be accessable when they were remounted, installed a grease fitting in each hole, and pumped a little grease in each one. this not only lubes up the shafts for the wipers, but makes a seal to keep the water out of the interior.

hope this helps
matt

-
Back