The Imitator

-

weezer

Reaction score
Sooooooo…I didn’t take pictures of the car during the ”restoration” but I can give a quick run down. Bought a 1967 Dart 270 down in FLA off eBay in 2008. Minimal rust, primer gray over gold(?), bench seat, 318 auto, with black steelies. Didn’t take much to get it running and driving so I drove it as-is for a while. The engine developed a rod knock and it went into my son’s shop where it sat for a solid year. Eventually put a crank kit in it and got it back on the road still in gray primer. All the while I was collecting parts and information to turn it into a 1968 Hemi Super Stock look-a-like. Then the flex plate broke apart and it sat while LIFE got in the way big time. In 2019 I retired and decided it was now or never. Replaced the flex plate and started cleaning/painting/repairing and adding some of the parts (many thanks to members here on FABO) for the conversion a little at a time. Got it sanded and primed and finally painted with new wheels and tires. Drove it around the block for the first time in years. Now I just stand in the driveway and stare at The Imitator.

IMG_0028.jpeg

IMG_0029.jpeg

IMG_0030.jpeg

IMG_0034.jpeg

IMG_0033.jpeg

IMG_0032.jpeg

IMG_0031.jpeg

Sure looks nice! Glad you got it fixed like you want it. Retirement is nice....just did it myself. Wife & I have a tin condo in a campground in Myrtle Beach that we go to pretty often, so maybe I'll see you out and about sometime.

:thumbsup:

-
Back