The incredible story of GoPro cameras

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Don't watch much 60 minutes anymore, but tonight they had the inventor / owner of GoPro cameras and the incredible story of their birth and success. He started out in film, selling them to people like surfers OUT OF AN OLD VAN.

They mentioned sales of 1/2 a billion dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for 2012

gopro cams are great...if you don't mind looking like you have a toaster attached to your helmet

ill take my drift over a gopro anyday :p

And libtards hate capitalism and free enterprise. Dumbasses.

A few of GoPro's competitors have fallen to the wayside, others are emerging, but they still have the lion's share the market. They're good... competition will make them better.
Speaking of surfers with cameras, it still amazes me what filmmaker Bruce Brown did in the 60's with cumbersome 16mm film camera, making "The Endless Summer" and other surf films. Check out his legendary 1972 motorcycling documentary, "On any Sunday"... what he did with clunky motion picture cameras looks fantastic.

Don't watch much 60 minutes anymore, but tonight they had the inventor / owner of GoPro cameras and the incredible story of their birth and success. He started out in film, selling them to people like surfers OUT OF AN OLD VAN.

They mentioned sales of 1/2 a billion dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for 2012
I watched that show very interesting.

When i was getting ready to buy i had a very narrow window for what i wanted the camera to do, obviously the camera/case needed to be bullet proof/waterproof and the video nice and clear. But the biggest thing for me was the sound quality, i was originally looking at the XD replay, very good quality, smaller package, external mic adapter. Price was good and less than the gopro 2. Once the three came out with it now having the external mic jack, a remote, and a APP to control by a smartphone wireless with real time (about 2-3 second delay), i decided the hero 3 Black was for me.

And boy i could not be happier!

-
Back