The "Indestructible" Slant 6

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did the piston have to be installed by a
reputable machine shop.
I myself have installed piston and pins in my
shop at home.
Not everybody has a small furnace at their disposal.
I've installed many with a torch.
I've ever seen our NAPA turns the rod area red when they install.

Why did the piston have to be installed installed by a
reputable machine shop.
I myself have installed piston and pins in my
shop at home.
Not everybody has a small furnace at their disposal.
I've installed many with a torch.
I've ever seen our NAPA turns the rod area red when they install.

Yeah but you know when to lay off the hot wrench too.

hence why every highschool auto class has smallblock chevys as builders. Anyone with half a brain can pay 100 bucks for a mr gasket chrome dressup kit and gasket kit and then say, "oh yea my smallblock cherberdurr makes herp a derp 5 million horsepowurrrs!!!!" please spare me....go ahead and build a chevy, the ONLY reason EVERYONE builds them is because theyre CHEAP. in the end, its cost. i dont care what reason people have to litigate their reasoning, its because theyre cheap. end of rant.

at one point I almost went sb chevy too...simply because they're cheap. $3k will buy a new crate motor with more hp than I'll ever need, but it just seems boring

the /6 in my old 72 duster, on a super hot day i blew my rad hose drove 50km home put new hose on drove it another year until i ran it very low on oil and blew a rod on the highway and drove it with 5 cylinders for 30km home.

Hey, I've got a free slant motor, has been run low on oil a few times, has been overheated twice since I've owned it ( in 6 yrs ), has had the crap reved out of it, has been on 3 hr road trips at 80MPH, has seen 8lbs of boost between every red light every day for 2 yrs...oh, and still has all of the rods INSIDE the engine LOL !!!! oh, did I mention it was free ?? i'm not sayin', I'm just sayin' :D

Hey, I've got a free slant motor, has been run low on oil a few times, has been overheated twice since I've owned it ( in 6 yrs ), has had the crap reved out of it, has been on 3 yr road trips at 80MPH, has seen 8lbs of boost between every red light every day for 2 yrs...oh, and still has all of the rods INSIDE the engine LOL !!!! oh, did I mention it was free ?? i'm not sayin', I'm just sayin' :D

Can you install and tune it for the original poster for free as well? I've also seen a low oil slant spit out a rod. I didn't blame the engineers for my personal neglect.

yeah, but I can't fix stupid...ok, that MAY have been out of line ;) I've also seen low oil cause crank case ventilation issues :D usually followed by the comment " but, the oil light was only on for about 30 min or so" bwaahahahahaa

yeah, but I can't fix stupid...ok, that MAY have been out of line ;) I've also seen low oil cause crank case ventilation issues :D usually followed by the comment " but, the oil light was only on for about 30 min or so" bwaahahahahaa

Roflmao!!! Duct tape can't fix everything...

I had a slant in a Satellite Sebring that used to pump the oil out the dip stick tube. I just put a hose on it and captured it all in a milk jug, then dumped it back in. Lasted almost two years.

I had a slant in a Satellite Sebring that used to pump the oil out the dip stick tube. I just put a hose on it and captured it all in a milk jug, then dumped it back in. Lasted almost two years.

Hell, I would've modified an oil cap to accept a hose so that it would just pump back in to the crank case lol

Well, nevermind. That wouldn't work either. It would over flow the oil back in to the hose and bust off the tube or something :banghead:
Nice theory though

Funny how you guys act like I care. You get worked up over the stupidest things and a person can't even question the quality or lack of it when it comes to Chrysler parts and designs. I can't trust a company that had to be bailed out twice and was founded by a pair of crooks.

Besides I got a fuel injected engine, tranny, bellhousing, pedal assembly, linkage, computer, and harness cheaper than ya'll bought your matching finned aluminum Mopar valve covers and air cleaner for.

Funny how you guys act like I care. You get worked up over the stupidest things and a person can't even question the quality or lack of it when it comes to Chrysler parts and designs. I can't trust a company that had to be bailed out twice and was founded by a pair of crooks.

Besides I got a fuel injected engine, tranny, bellhousing, pedal assembly, linkage, computer, and harness cheaper than ya'll bought your matching finned aluminum Mopar valve covers and air cleaner for.

that dosn't fall into the good category...

cool-story-bro.jpg

I say, "It's your car. Do what you want." I like straight 6's. You don't have to. While I think a Chevy powered Duzter is weird, it's not my project. When I sold my 6cylinder powered 57 Bel air the guy swapped the 6 for a 318. I also thought this was weird, but he gets kudos for originality.

True..but ain't nothing original about a Chevy powered mopar. It's what I call a "downgrade".

So, you bought a Ford engine?
GM took a bail out.
Chrysler did.
Ford did not.

:happy1: i might have to go to the hospital, i lost my @$$ because i laughed it off!!!!

Valve COVERS?...we're still in Slant 6 Discussions, right?

So...you bought a whole bunch of cheap junk. Feel free to post pics of your next explosion. Even if it is a ford or chevy, or caddy, or whatever.

LMAO :cheers: no comment needed on this post :D:D:D Still lmao :D.
Enjoy your day and keep the dream alive :toothy7: Thank you for a good laugh.

....a person can't even question the quality or lack of it when it comes to Chrysler parts and designs. I can't trust a company that had to be bailed out twice and was founded by a pair of crooks.

Stop!!.....STOP!! You're making me embarrassed to be part of the human race. What's being questioned is your capabilities as far as just slapping on a turbo on an engine that was designed to be a grocery-getter. With the right controls and engine management, I believe the slant would've lived.

But not with this caveman pressure-cooker/detonation generator......LMAO

Attachments

• 225 turbo.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 268
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back