The lakewood bell install or should I say "NOT".

-
Which one did you use if you don't mind me asking. The 734 or the 482?

By the way I love yours and your Dad's rides.

Thanks!

Not sure, it was off of my dads 66, he installed a bigger clutch in the 70's on his Cuda, then swapped the original stuff back in when he restored it in 1986. Can I tell which bell I have looking at it installed? It bolted right in, all the Brewers stuff bolted right up and works nice, only issue was limited space made for a few choice words during installation. I thought I remember dad saying the bell I am using came out of a (truck?) with a 360. What headers are you running? I have Hooker Super Comps, motor sat on mounts just fine clearance wise.

BTW moparlee, you need to get your avatar picture back up, your car is cool :glasses7:

Thanks!

Not sure, it was off of my dads 66, he installed a bigger clutch in the 70's on his Cuda, then swapped the original stuff back in when he restored it in 1986. Can I tell which bell I have looking at it installed? It bolted right in, all the Brewers stuff bolted right up and works nice, only issue was limited space made for a few choice words during installation. I thought I remember dad saying the bell I am using came out of a (truck?) with a 360. What headers are you running? I have Hooker Super Comps, motor sat on mounts just fine clearance wise.

Mopar Performance.........which came in JR header box and Headman Hustler Stickers.

That's interesting about the truck thing. The casting numbers is on the trans side if I'm not mistaken, which with the trans bolted up you can't see see it. Could I talk you out of a picture where the trans ball bracket bolts too?

Well, I'm not sure I'm really happy yet, got the 482 bracket on the 734 bell. With it bolted right up it was forward to much toward the front of the car. So I drilled another hole to bring it back. Now it's back some, but more straighter than forward if that make since.

Keep in mind that with it right now it's almost where the conversion bracket would put it, but a 1/2 in down and it's still a little high. With it high though it helps the adjustment rod angle.

Tell me what you think guys. Here are some pictures of it right now. I need to counter sink the bottom bolt, still.

In the bottom picture............does the front dust shield go behind the pan like this or in front.....cause if try to put in front of the rubber sill and against the pan is doesn't fit?

Never messed with one.........everything that I've that stuff is been missing in action before I got.

Attachments

• IMG_7455.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7456.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_7458.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_7459.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7460.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 78
Nobody has any ideas as far as if that is too high or is as long as the shaft isn't rubbing on the ball it's OK?

-
Back