The little things that need done on your car that take away from you enjoying the ride

-

340doc

Reaction score
We all probably have things on our car that we ignore and after a while they take away from the enjoyment of a nice ride. Usually after we fix them we're like "Wow, my car drives so nice now!" For me its been a couple squeaks and rattles on my convertible. My trans mount had compressed over the years and was causing a rattle that drove me up the wall for a while. Couldn't figure where it was coming from! I also had a squeak in the top frame that I've been living with for longer than I should have. Fixed it yesterday. I recently upgraded to a Proform carb that idles nicer than the 20 year old carb that was on there. What have you been living with??

My exhaust is hitting on the drivers side crossmember, has been for awhile now! It's such a nice system that I hate to mess with it, but it's getting annoying! I think it's been twisted from doing too many burnouts over the years!!! I'm also Leary of taking it and leaving it at my muffler guys house, last time someone in my family did that, there were reports of burnouts in the road in front of his house, and a leaky pinion seal on the rear end!!!

How about paint and reassembly, install the new carpet, seat covers and headliner. Install the new exhaust I have in the box in the garage,
Enjoy your little squeaks and have fun. I'll get mine finished later this year, hopefully

Doors and trunk weather stripping needs to be replaced. No leaks, but just haven't found the time!

alignment
i changed over to slots on the front, which snowballed into new bearings and brake drums and now she strays to the left
definitely makes me nervous to get on her

My headlight switch now illuminates every blinker/driving light/tail light on the car...can't wait to diagnose that one.

Night-time....lost my dash lights and need to adjust the beams on my headlights...

Jeff

Rear main had little leak...few drips after driving, has gotten progressively worse and now slings oil around the bell housing, hitting the headers etc. Not really bad at all if I keep my foot off the loud pedal...but what fun is that?! Can't handle the prospect of cruising around this summer with this leak (and possibly burning the Duster to the ground! LOL), so I'm finally breaking down and decided to fix it. Silver lining, "The Boss" is feeling sorry for me and decided to buy a portable lift to make it easier on this old man's battered body.

Emergency blinkers only blink the front left turn signal.

Tail lights work but brake lights don't but I have the wiring from /6dan I just gotta pull the steering wheel and stuff and thread the wiring down the column.

Drivers window needs to be aligned.

Gotta replace the passenger door lock and ignition to match drivers door lock.

Gotta wire up the electric trunk lid release.

Gotta install the windshield wiper pivot gasket and grease wiper mechanism so it doesn't squeak.

All little stuff and all stuff I have the parts for but I have been too lazy to just get out there and do it.

-
Back