The Maturity level of FABO members...

-
I was out in the Cuda last night for a ride and passed an early Corvette convertible!! I waved.....he didn't!! Need I say more??

among many other makes and models, I like the old Celica GT's.
I had a 76 Celica 5 speed same color.....loved that little car.
Back when I first started driving the only brand I didn't like was Ford. I now have an appreciation for all of the extremely late 50's and all of the 60's classics.
Who wouldn't like to own any bubble top GM, early Caddy, early Fury,etc?
A partial list of my early cars: 1970 Javelin SST 360 (first car $80), 69 442, 73 Ventura with a 65 389 4 speed, 71 Demon /6, 72 GMC Sprint, 73 RS Camaro, 68 Barracuda Notch, 69 Impala Custom, 66 Buick Skylark convert,69GTO convert clone,3 67 Cutlass converts, 65 Cutlass 330hp 330, 77 pinto (sorry).
My current cars include my 67 Barracuda notch and my 68 Barracuda Fastback.
I just find that Mopars in General attract the most attention by far because of their relative rarity compared to the sea of GM products.

Who wouldn't like to own any bubble top GM, early Caddy, early Fury,etc?

Precisely!

cudaroy said:
... 1970 Javelin SST 360 (first car $80),

My first car was a 57 Ford Custom, 2 door post. It cost me $25.00, and I had to make it in 2 payments, lol. That was in 1965.

I just find that Mopars in General attract the most attention by far because of their relative rarity compared to the see of GM products.
Yup! I also think they are better engineered. Chrysler wasn't as conservative with their styling and engineering as the other guys were.

I was out in the Cuda last night for a ride and passed an early Corvette convertible!! I waved.....he didn't!! Need I say more??
We see that here also Geof, Corvette clubs in town and when they put on a car show there snub and unfriendly personality they/some have they can't get any/or very little other folks to join in on there fun runs and shows :coffee2: must be something in the fiberglass :D, Granted all of them are not that way :toothy9:
Here, well it's not to bad with the hot rod and drag racers, they/we poke fun
at each other :D

My friends and family all help and give positive support help when needed but they all know
I am one of those life long MoPar men. :glasses7:

proof is in these pictures we are all gear heads, we pull together, they have there dreams I have mine :coffee2:

Attachments

• OLD MEMORIES 032.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 140
  • OLD MEMORIES 038.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 317720_10200417081202498_235494927_n.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 151
  • SPRING IS HERE 032.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 144
  • SPRING IS HERE 037.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Memorial Day 2013 007.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 144

I am not a huge GM fan, they don't appeal to me but that's it really. Favorite is chrysler, always been good to me but;

I drive a Toyota Land Cruiser which I love;

Attachments

• 100_6338.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 149
I am not a huge GM fan, they don't appeal to me but that's it really. Favorite is chrysler, always been good to me but;

I drive a Toyota Land Cruiser which I love;

And my 82 Sea Ray is powered by a GM 305 and it runs out great. Stupid towel on the back ruined the shot I know...

Attachments

• 100_0020.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 140
now where were we: Oh yea talking about bad *** GM products BWAHAHAHHAHAHA :evil2:
I see you are coming out of the closet :coffee2: somehow i knew there was some GM blood in you lol :sad5:

Originally Posted by Cudaroy
Who wouldn't like to own any bubble top GM, early Caddy,

I would be one of them who wouldn't... if some one gave me one it would be on ebay in 10 minutes

i like american muscle period. i have a softer spot for the mopars than the others but as long as its not jap or korean or any other foreign make im ok with it.

The Maturity level of Fabo members.... Wat u talkin bout Willis

Attachments

• 522153_165412040288156_630125837_n.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 1252228235783.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 633697765424178107_immaturity_answer_1_xlarge.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 133
  • imagesCA56ZUQ9.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 141
  • immaturity.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 135
  • are-you-serious[1].jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 146
Have to disagree Rani. As a convert. When you set valve lash,and deal with the fan belts falling off at 6800 shift points,I disagree......396 Rat.....
i like all hot rods,the more radical the better,especially for street racing...

I'm Mopar through and through, I consider myself hardcore but I'll never walk up to a guy with classic American iron(other than a Mopar) and speak badly of it regardless of what it is,I simply believe if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all,,,besides in my opinion its what keeps the hobby fun, I have chevy and ford friends, heck I even have a few Honda fans I consider friends, the conversations get pretty funny and interesting especially after a few beers.

:burnout:As well I to respected the old classic cars Chevy , ford , or mopar , 60's and 70's when cars weren't recycled Pepsi bottles ! Sure I like to tease my ford and Chevy buddies ,but it's all in good fun ! ( I kid cause I care )

Those are super cool. You know what they were goin after when they made it? The Mustang fastback.

I love all cars.

My daily Driver...

vbpgimage.php

The Corvette...I am trying to wrestle away from my dad...

vbpgimage.php

I don't mind other makes as long as their American. But I do give them crap but it is the same kind of crap you give to your buddies. You know, the 'nice Ford, did it come with the membership to dumbass monthly?' However, putting another makes powerplant into a mopar is over the line for me. Just like foreign cars. I dont feel this is a maturity issue.

Why? More of a Toyota is built and assembled here than much of the Big 3. So just how American is the big 3 anymore?

because purchasing a foreign product is bad for the economy. Even if its "made in the USA, the majority of the profits immediately go overseas and deflate the already sagging economy.

And Toyota will run circles around many so called "American Iron"
How many Gm or Ford or Mopar products do you see hittin 200,000 miles without a heart transplant? And that just breakin it in
And there is no Mopar it all built by Fiat and Mercedes been like that for long time with Mercedes

False... When I sold my pre-daimler Wrangler it had 377,000 ish miles on it with only a timing belt and alternator replaced.

Besides, 90% of new car owners don't keep their cars to even close to the 100,000 mile mark. So why not buy American?

Why? More of a Toyota is built and assembled here than much of the Big 3. So just how American is the big 3 anymore?
And Toyota will run circles around many so called "American Iron"
How many Gm or Ford or Mopar products do you see hittin 200,000 miles without a heart transplant? And that just breakin it in
And there is no Mopar it all built by Fiat and Mercedes been like that for long time with Mercedes

I drove one with 580,000 miles a few years ago...it was still running at 600K. It was a Town Car built in Wixom, MI. I can report that it turned 580K with the cruise set at 85MPH. 201K on my Cherokee, 205 on my stepfather's Concorde, 260+K on the Concorde it replaced, saw a 2006 Charger with 240K.

I had a 63 dart with 3 on the tree /6 had over 280,000 miles and other mopars with over 200,000. no problem if you change oil and not abuse them.

-
Back