the mopars gods will not be happy with me

-

mischiefdart

Reaction score
I am about to buy my first Chevrolet ever. I went to a local tavern to watch an NHL playoff game and was talking to the guy next to me at the bar. Turns out he has a 1957 hardtop bel air that he wants to sell. It is all in boxes and no drivetrain but in pretty good shape.

I think they won't be too upset with you seein how it's a beautiful iconic piece of auto history and not just another crumaro... Lol!

Do what the guys from Hot Rod did to keep the Mopar gods happy.

Attachments

• roadkill-1955-chevy-hemi-gasser-blasphemi.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 340
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 347
My brother just picked up 57 Bel Air with original paint in FL a month ago. It needs a resto, but is very solid...

LMAO @ Franike!

Putting a HEMI into it is always a good idea.
You wanna make the Chevy boys throw up a bit in there mouths?
Stuff a /6 or small block with the MP covers on it.

I met a guy that stuffed in a RB into his 67 Chevy pick up. When quizzed, the answer was "Best of both worlds! Love the truck but hate the power, so I put a real motor in there!"
And yes, it was said loud enough for the power puff GM guys to gag.

Car was last on the road in 1973. Spent a few years in the seventies a drag car by the looks of the tow tabs welded to the front frame rails. Other than that it has been in a garage. My idea of a kit car, it is completely disassembled and without drivetrain but an original V8 car. For the asking price I couldn't say no. A buddy of mine has an early front mount 283 for me.

A few pics

Attachments

• 20150524_155832.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 311
  • 20150524_155929.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 323
There are no "MoPar" gods any more. They moved to Italy, and drive a Fiat.

I sorta have to agree with Fr ankie. RRR said that is a little scary in itself!? Ha

yes I do like that sucker!!! a 55 would have been my cup of chevy flavored tea!!!! 1966, my buddy had a black 283 57, him, his girlfriend and I would cruise, my job was to drive them around while they necked. once I got so engrossed (grossed out?) watching them , I accidently bumped the gear shift into reverse. going pretty slow, it stoped real quick!! Ha

If the price is right and all the chrome is there and in good shape, heck yeah...

WOW! That looks super solid, plus all the aftermarket support you could ever need! Nice score for sure. Keep us updated on the build.

Chevy rag once said the best thing about the 58 chevy, was it made the 57 an instant classic! You can bulid that whole car out of a catalog! nice ride. MT

There are no "MoPar" gods any more. They moved to Italy, and drive a Fiat.

True that..there isn't no real Mopars being made anymore either..

57' chevy nice..55' one of my favorite alltime cars..

back in the "olden" days, 1964, a kid a year older had a 55 chevy, built 327, 4 speed, fiberglass front end, black roll and tuck, buckets, and it ran pretty good. I would about pee in my jeans every time I saw it.
when I was 15 ( 1963) my dad "almost" bought a 55, with the six, 3 on the tree. I STILL can't believe he didn't buy it. he bought a 59!!!???? WTF???? HA??

It is a big project but it was cheap. It has the seats but they both need reupholstered. No door panels but the rest of the interior looks to be there. Has the bumpers and all the exterior trim. Grill is rough but the hood and deck lid are nice. Fenders need to be patched. Glass and gaskets are there. No rot around the windshield or back window.

Attachments

• 20150524_155706.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 254
  • 20150524_155713.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 252
This is the original color of the car.

Attachments

• 2015-05-25-00-33-57-921292762.jpeg
    13.3 KB · Views: 235
Cool vintage tin.
Go at it hard.

I bought my 4th chevy last year an old 4-speed vette.
Bought a roots supercharger to put on it.

Been working on my chevy too!

38854544001_original.jpg

Car was last on the road in 1973. Spent a few years in the seventies a drag car by the looks of the tow tabs welded to the front frame rails. Other than that it has been in a garage. My idea of a kit car, it is completely disassembled and without drivetrain but an original V8 car. For the asking price I couldn't say no.

I know it may be rude to ask, but what kind of cha-ching did it take to relieve your bar stool acquaintance of the car?? Just curious as what a nice looking project like that can be had for??

I wish you lived near me. I'd LOVE to help with a 57 project like that. I am MOPAR or no car, but I do have a soft spot for 7 Chevies.

Nice find. Of all the Chevies, a primered 55 post or a jet black 57 , top the dream car list.( 4 me)

-
Back