The New Dodge Dart

-

ARuiz28

Reaction score
I fell as if the new Dart should have been the 3rd generation Neon. The designs are similar and the engine options are almost identical. Anyways i'm just thinking out loud here, what do you think of the new Dart?

I think it has been covered already.

About 30 or 40 times.

The Dart from the neon to he new Dart. From the early 60's they were cheap, economical, throw away cars. What's changed?

WTF!!!...I ain't throwing mine away!!!

Anyone who does wanna throw their's away, please get a hold of me.

I love them. Well mine. It rides better,drives better and kicks my 69s tail with 27.5 mpgs around town. Over all a better car then the 69.But when you step in the gas it doesn't feel like the 69 lol

I drove one and my parents wanted to get me a new dart ....its a new car so everything has a new plastic smell and they run great with moderate power for being a fresh new product. the radio works and sounds great and the car is quiet with radio off and engine running.

they run down the road smoother than a neon.

its just a new car ...there are not many adjectives for a new car.

I felt a lot better getting back in my old dart with no radio and an engine that makes noise and seats that are ratty, but the new darts serve their purpose well

even though the neon was 2.0 and the dart is offered with a 2.0 engine with nearly the same HP ratings the neon will walk all over a new dart 6 speed any day of the week

this comes from experience, the new dart requires you to think ahead on the highway when passing, it isn't a powerhouse by any means

I'm not sure if its the way the transmission is geared to allow for the better MPG or what it is

I felt they could have traced its muscle car routes more. I think they have spent more time developing the challenger and the charger to replicate some of the older body lines. Would of been nice to see the new dart with a little bit more aggressive look and avail with a 5.7 lol

I fell as if the new Dart should have been the 3rd generation Neon. The designs are similar and the engine options are almost identical. Anyways i'm just thinking out loud here, what do you think of the new Dart?

My exact thoughts. In my mind, the new Dart is the third gen Neon.

New Plastic in vehicles and motorhomes. My computer is 5 years old.. All my vehicles are over 20 years old and my home is wood along with all it's furniture...

Some people are actually allergic to plastic

Mopar and Dart in name only,otherwise italian ricer,dont care for them at all..fugly....

"Italian ricer" is that an oxymoron?
"mopardrt' is that oxydikhead or you just dont get it do ya?...who owns chyrsler now? what were 4 bangers and such referred to in past?guess I shouldve called it a meatball monseur

I have owned a Neon(05 SRT-4) and my brother owns a new Dart. Comparing the two is ridiculous. The new Dart is 10,000 times the car my Neon was. Fit,finnish,build quality are leagues above the Neon.

The new Dart is a great car,and it deserves the Dart name. It is a comfortable,economical,and reliable economy car...just like the original Dart was.

It would have been stupid,from a financial standpoint, for Dodge to make the Dart a RWD, two door, V8 powered car. They needed a compact economy car to compete with Honda,Hyundai, and Toyota. If you want RWD and a V8 buy a challenger, or Charger, or 300c or a Ram Express etc...

I have owned a Neon(05 SRT-4) and my brother owns a new Dart. Comparing the two is ridiculous. The new Dart is 10,000 times the car my Neon was. Fit,finnish,build quality are leagues above the Neon.

The new Dart is a great car,and it deserves the Dart name. It is a comfortable,economical,and reliable economy car...just like the original Dart was.

It would have been stupid,from a financial standpoint, for Dodge to make the Dart a RWD, two door, V8 powered car. They needed a compact economy car to compete with Honda,Hyundai, and Toyota. If you want RWD and a V8 buy a challenger, or Charger, or 300c or a Ram Express etc...

you must be comparing the multiair dart to your SRT, and even that is a hard comparison, the 2.0 N/A dart couldn't get out of its own way if it had to, moves on the highway need to be planed ahead and 6th gear is only good for completely flat roads or above 70MPH all the time and 80+ before hills

for power the 2.0 sucks, has good fuel economy but there are other manufactures out there that have much better fuel economy with much more power for about the same price or less, such as Hyundai

you must be comparing the multiair dart to your SRT, and even that is a hard comparison, the 2.0 N/A dart couldn't get out of its own way if it had to, moves on the highway need to be planed ahead and 6th gear is only good for completely flat roads or above 70MPH all the time and 80+ before hills

for power the 2.0 sucks, has good fuel economy but there are other manufactures out there that have much better fuel economy with much more power for about the same price or less, such as Hyundai

Nope, he has the base model with the automatic. The power is fine, no planning ahead on the highway at all.

Drive your Hyundai, my brother and I prefer the Dart.

-
Back