The Pole's Are Shifting

-
Does this mean the toilet water will spin the other way?

actually it would once it fully rotates... wonder though when its on the equator... does it just fly out at you? LOL

So, boss, I can't make it to work this morning because I can't find it?

The poles ate my homework?

Well occisfer, the reason I was driving down this one way street the wrong direction is that my GPS claims it should go the other way?

We're going north for the winter?

What a lousy article. Half that info is bogus. The other half is old news.

The magnetic shift, as the article correctly pointed out, has happened quite a few times over the earth's history. It will NOT change the climate, as that's a factor of the physical direction of the earths rotation and orientation. It probably won't affect any bird migrations etc, and we really don't even know if that's how the birds navigate anyway. And sadly, it won't even change the way the water spins. :D Again, that has to with the physical poles and the earths direction of spin, not the magnetic poles.

All it will change how you set up up your compass, and how the GPS guys program their outputs. Because it won't change anything else about those satellite's, because the spin and gravity WON'T change.

It amazes me what people "publish" these days.

Of course, we would be in the Southern Hemisphere all of a sudden. Then people would start saying that toilets flow the opposite direction in the Northern hemisphere, and whatnot. Yeah, I don't think it will affect much except bring out the loony conspiracy theorists.

Oh Man, NASCAR will be all mucked up.

And nice one about the poles, Chuckie.

The poles shift every 3-4 thousand years, slowly. North star will no longer be where it is, we will have an axis pointing toward Vega, the brightest star in the sky.

-
Back