The Scamp's engine, trans and steering are in place

-
I know it's been a long time sisnce I've had an update but with getting a divorce, a new house, working 6 days a week and a myriad of other things going on in my life right now I didn't have much time to work on the car. I took a vacation week late last month and got the car plumbed, wired and running. It now runs, stops and drives. It's back over at my friend Lyle's place where we are slowing doing the tinwork, one day a week.

Here are a couple pics I took with my cell phone earlier this month before it left here. I have a new camera now so I'll post more progress pics next week.

339020851.jpg

339020863.jpg

339020836.jpg

Good to see ya still around Steve! Ummm.. Can, I borrow the motor while your not usin it? LOL, Just Kidding. After all ya goin thru you deserve a good stomp on the Pedal ! Let me know when I can get her looking good for ya. Get ER done before the Humidity comes back. We'll have to get together for a beer at some point.

BS Soon Eric

Ah, something happen to your engine that I don't know about Eric? Hope it's not too serious. We'll get together again soon. I don't have much time anymore, too busy trying to make a living.

I didn't get to work on the car last Sunday as I had a little trouble with my truck. One of the locking hubs for the front axle came apart so I had to tend to that. But here are some pics of previous Sundays work and todays.

346281376.jpg

346281386.jpg

346281399.jpg

346281423.jpg

Keep in mind this is still rough in some areas and may get redone.

Also this was my ride for the annual "Night of Fire" I know it's chebby powered but it was a blast to drive until it died on the starting line in round 2 :)

344380694.jpg

You were driving @ the Night of Fire? Awwww, I'd would have taken the ride to see it if I knew you were there. That looks like a nice ride you ran.
My 360 is in Surgery. (aka) Machine Shop. It was worn out n ready to spin a rod bearing. Caught it in time but once again nice weather, n no car.. Grrrr

See ya soon !

Eric

At least you didn't grenade it first!

You should have came out. I didn't really know if I was going to drive until that Saturday morning. We thrashed for two weeks straight to put the car together with a small block after it was languishing for 4 years with a blown big block chebby in it. That dormant time is what eventually did us in, Holley blue pumps don't like to be unused for years and then be expected to perform their duty flawlessly.

Here is the rear fire wall, package shelf and one door panel. We still need to make a cap that goes across the front of the package shelf and down to the wheel tubs.

348108601.jpg

348108630.jpg

348108664.jpg

Looks awesome!

I love these "true built" cars from the ground up.

Following progress like one of Marshall Applewhite's Railian's. LOL.

sweet. hows it comeing now? with all the braces i couldnt decide between strip or like something where you might hit another car. i like it tho

I love your enthusiasm Tyler. You guys are going to keep this thing alive when us old guys are gone.

Here's some pics of the last couple weeks (really just a couple days) work. The right and left floors. This was a Jegs kit for an intermediate car. The floor panels weren't long enough to do the entire length of the floor but there is no way they are going to go in, in one peice anyway.

349871524.jpg

349871575.jpg

349871632.jpg

349871680.jpg

349871738.jpg

349871753.jpg

And of course the dogs, that's Prissy in the foreground and Caesar behind her.

349871704.jpg

thanks. i love fabin stuff and your fabrication skills are for sure standing out. it is looking good. what else are in your plans?

Thank you all.

I still have not made up my mind yet Eric, but it will probably remain in primer for now.

BTW Eric I'll be driving Wayne's altered this Saturday at Speed World for the first points race.

Hey Eric, come out to the track this Saturday 02/21 the gates open at 3:30. I'll be driving the altered again, you can find us near the ET shack as usual.

For anyone else interested I'll have more pics after this weekend of the Scamp (I've been forgetting to take my camera out there). The interior is 90% done now and we'll be working on the trunk floor.

Eric you are welcome to come out to Lyle's Sunday too if you want, we can drink a couple beers and shoot the bull.

Hey Steve! I got relatives from PA coming this weekend. Can't make it. Ya Know I wanna see the altered. Run Fast, Be Safe !!!!! I need a verter MFG that u trust ??? . Theres no Dyno's within easy reach, so I can just give em # 's and hope it matches. My motor is slowly making it's way thru the shop. Motor hopefully should be done end of month. I need the Verter to link it up.
Anyway Hope you, are well and hanging in there.

Turbo Action is my choice at this point. Might not be the soup de jour for the trick of the month club but the quality, consistency and reliability is always there. So what if it isn't .002 quicker in your application.

March 21st is the next race.

I expect to see you out there Eric, we have the altered dialed in now, with a 2 bbl carb. It's a vey low 10 second piece.

So here's the update pics of the Scamp.

355778453.jpg

355778429.jpg

355778395.jpg

355778366.jpg

355778329.jpg

355778297.jpg

355778273.jpg

Here's an update of the package shelf cap and trunk floor. Still need to trim in the 1/4 trim caps and then the Scamp comes home.

361170068.jpg

361170042.jpg

361170029.jpg

361170016.jpg

361169989.jpg

361169974.jpg

There is still a lot of holes to drill and rivets to install but I'll do that at home.

-
Back