The Scion IQ

-

Wheel Chock

Reaction score
I saw a new Scion IQ on the 91 freeway today, my first thought was; Dude, your IQ, it's soooo small!

It looks like the bastard offspring of a Smart car and a Yaris.

The sad part is the car only gets 36mpgs.....I've had a Taurus and Lumina that got 31ish mpg on the highway and I could put 5 people in each one and a trunk full of groceries.

Its not really built for gas mileage or to be a family car. Like the smart car it's intended use is city driving and parking. I'm sure it does what it was intended for quite well

Just helped my one uncle in Alaska get a Smart car- hate the damn things for around here, but in Ketchikan (or any small island area) they would work

I drive a Scion xA to save my Barracuda from door dents and shopping carts. They have their place. The Barracuda is my courting car.

Yes. Cars like this are the wave of the future for cities.

Yes. Cars like this are the wave of the future for cities.

I understand the use of these these Personal Integrated Mobility Pods in densely populated urban areas where speeds rarely exceed 30mph, but on SoCal freeways among the kamikaze container haulers, suicidal crotch rocket jockeys, texting teens and SUV driving soccer moms on their cell phones, they're a sure way to a quick death. Like the afore-mentioned CR jockeys, the people who drive these things are fulfilling their Darwinian destiny.

-
Back