The sound of a commando brings thoughts of spring

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Heres a short video I shot getting my valiant ready to sit thru the winter in its little canopy with her personal blanket on this November. The sound of the hi-po exhaust after she started right up after 7wks & some warmer weather this weekend really gave me some spring fever & reminded me about this video so thought i'd share.
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/6753864/17551942

Oldschoolcuda

Nice sounding and looking car. I just heard willy nelson singing "on the road again" I was cleaning up a crankshaft in the garage next to my dart when it came on. I think she (my dart)was singing it to me:)

p.s. Don't take it wrong but it looks like you could use a bigger air cleaner on the carb.

Thanks dartman. The little aircleaner is just for winter , store the chrome commando unit inside over the cold season to keep condensation off. Love "on the road again"

Oldschoolcuda

Very nice and rare Signet...thanks for the video, brings back memories of the exhaust on my Dad's 67 Barracuda Commando.

Is the steering wheel cover from wheelskins? It looks great, I bet it feels great too.

Thanks oldschool, I needed that! toolmanmike

Heres a short video I shot getting my valiant ready to sit thru the winter in its little canopy with her personal blanket on this November. The sound of the hi-po exhaust after she started right up after 7wks & some warmer weather this weekend really gave me some spring fever & reminded me about this video so thought i'd share.
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/6753864/17551942

Oldschoolcuda

Sounds great...You got me psyched for spring. Gonna go out and 'fire up' my '66 FS on Sun.! Maybe I post a quick video also!
Just curious, what's your engine setup and rear? Ever run the 1/4 with her?
I'm running an Edelbrock rpm intake...Lunati cam .515/.525, Holley 600cfm dble pmpr., duals w/ h-pipe, stock ex.maniflds, 4 speed & 4.10 rear ...never ran her at the track.

Thanks guys. Goldfish the best upholsterer I know ( my wife ) made the steering wheel cover. Nice 66 ZooKypr, Has a basically stock hi-po 273(little more cam) & the stock 7 1/4 rear with 3.23 sure grip. Have run it once in the 1/4 mile at Virginia motorsports park for car show fun run. Surprised me with a decent 15.92 @ 89mph.

Oldschoolcuda

-
Back