The Stroker lives again...with Dyno Results!!

-

64physhy

Reaction score
I picked up my stroker today from Brian (ou812) at IMM Engines. He was just shutting it down from the break-in when I got there. After letting it cool down a while, he did the dyno pulls. The first couple pulls were good, but not full pulls(only to 5K RPM). Even only going to 5K, it made good power, but not getting over the 500 HP mark (torque was in the 520's).
He did several pulls, changing jets and timing in between. Ended up with 525 lb/ft (4400 RPM) and 512 HP (5800 RPM) in the end. These were not the highest peak numbers of the day, but did have the smoothest curves, so it's what we stayed with. Ave torque is 486, ave HP is 417. I'll get scanned results up later.

Ended up with timing at 31, Holley 950HP jetted 77/79.
Cam is Comp XE295HL 251/257, .564 (with corrected lift right around .600 with the 1.65 rockers and taking angles into account)
Everything else, is the same parts I had in it before.

I really wish I had gone to Brian in the first place- it would have saved me A LOT of money in the long run. THANKS BRIAN!

The Dyno runs were done with 1 3/4 Hooker Headers, but I have Dougs. I hope to get it in this weekend, but want to replace the CA Bushings, tie rod ends, etc when I get the other engine out first.

I picked up my stroker today from Brian (ou812) at IMM Engines. He was just shutting it down from the break-in when I got there. After letting it cool down a while, he did the dyno pulls. The first couple pulls were good, but not full pulls(only to 5K RPM). Even only going to 5K, it made good power, but not getting over the 500 HP mark (torque was in the 520's).
He did several pulls, changing jets and timing in between. Ended up with 525 lb/ft (4400 RPM) and 512 HP (5800 RPM) in the end. These were not the highest peak numbers of the day, but did have the smoothest curves, so it's what we stayed with. Ave torque is 486, ave HP is 417. I'll get scanned results up later.

Ended up with timing at 31, Holley 950HP jetted 77/79.
Cam is Comp XE295HL 251/257, .564 (with corrected lift right around .600 with the 1.65 rockers and taking angles into account)
Everything else, is the same parts I had in it before.

I really wish I had gone to Brian in the first place- it would have saved me A LOT of money in the long run. THANKS BRIAN!
congrats on your new stroker.

I should be getting my rhs heads n stuff tomorrow from IMM.

I am looking forward to good results like what I've heard others have. I feel
Brian has gone a little out of his way to help out with our family build. I do appreciate the help.

Best of luck.
Darrell

congrats on your new stroker.

I should be getting my rhs heads n stuff tomorrow from IMM.

I am looking forward to good results like what I've heard others have. I feel
Brian has gone a little out of his way to help out with our family build. I do appreciate the help.

Best of luck.
Darrell

Thanks! I really think the RHS heads are the best value out there (I said value, not best heads before you eddy freaks jump in). I have Iron Ram heads, and I think Brian could have done up a set of RHS's that were just as good or better for less money.
With that said, the heads flow up to .700, so I'm leaving some potential on the shelf, but there was concern about stud flex on the magnums if we went with any higher lift. I could have got the Hughes shaft mounted Magnum rockers and gone bigger. Maybe down the road, but I think I'll be happy with it as is for a long time, and my pockets are empty now.

Sounds like something over around Citricado by Stone Brewery.

I was at his shop once, but forget where it was. I think it was around there.

Good deal Physhy!! Glad to hear Brian got you fixed up. That oughta be a tire shredder. What were done to your heads to get them to flow good to .700 lift. From everyone I've herd the Iron Rams stall pretty much after .550 lift.

He's building me the same engine. Hopefully will start next week. Gotta get him the dough first. Can't wait!

Good deal Physhy!! Glad to hear Brian got you fixed up. That oughta be a tire shredder. What were done to your heads to get them to flow good to .700 lift. From everyone I've herd the Iron Rams stall pretty much after .550 lift.

Hughes ported them. Brian flow checked them, and they matched the numbers claimed by Hughes.

Awesome!!! I have heard nothing but good things about IMM engine's work. Brain was very helpful when I spoke with him.

Now lets see some tire roasting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice Job! Been waiting to here your results since the last post. I just got my block out of the Shed.... Hopefully after the Holidays and my Thesis I will take it to IMM! Can't Freaking Wait!!

Congrats,

Brian

sounds very nice....it´s cranking out impressive numbers. looking forward to get the same heads for my build. Wish you a lot of fun with your fish!

Michael

What about them?

point was people assume all numbers are inflated just cause they are higher than what they would expect.

i trust your numbers, therefore...if you found the advertised hughes to be correct, thats a good thing for hughes ....and for the j head cause.lol 'joke'

They aren't amazing #'s considering the valve size is 2.08. I get those #'s with a 2.05 from .200 to .700.
If you shroud the valve too much the large size does nothing but add valve train weight...and for what Dave paid they should kiss him good night every night before bedtime! LOL!!

They aren't amazing #'s considering the valve size is 2.08. I get those #'s with a 2.05 from .200 to .700.
If you shroud the valve too much the large size does nothing but add valve train weight...and for what Dave paid they should kiss him good night every night before bedtime! LOL!!

2.08 + a closed chamber 'with those ports'? hmmm..., as for the numbers...I haven't seen'em.

that much $$$$ huh? well at least he didn't double dip'd with bogatah #'s.lol

thing makes good power though, though how's the cross section on those iron rams?, They have a massive pinch area.

-
Back