The valiant is alive!!!!!!

-

stroker_valiant

Reaction score
So I finally got the stroker fired, it sounds incredible!! If somebody would tell me how to put video on here, i'll do just that.

I now realize rubber mototr mounts are not all that cool, the engine is dancin in the engine bay. I was looking at the Mancini poly lock mounts, (the schumacher ones) and they are 160 bucks!! moroso has a fully solid mount foe 33 bucks, but I dont think I would be happy with that. Does anybody else have any other suggestions?

Run Solid Motor Mounts.....................alot cheaper than thos poly lock deals. You could run one solid and 1 regular if you wanted to.

Be careful you WILL break the stock motor mounts and break other things in the process....

I would get a tourqe strap from Schumacher creative industries, they make one for the early a-body, bolts in and works nice.

Picture 072.jpg

I was thinking solid, but do yall think for a street car, there will be too much of a vibration? I think of solids, and think more of race car type stuff.

Glad to hear you got the 408 fired!I,m running solid mounts in my 66 Dart/408.Go to Youtube and load your video(takes awhile to load)then copy/paste here.This is how I load vids on FABO,I,m not to PC friendly if you know what I mean.LOL

Exactly what mounts are you running? The ones I linked to, are for 67-72, I have not called Mancini yet, but they look just like the ones in my 64. I have some fine tunning work to do, header leaks to fix, and need to run proper exhaust. I am running Borla polished stainless muffs, kinda like a strait through type, they sound really healthy. I'll try to get video up soon...

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/morbod19en.html

I have the Schumacher mounts in my 66 Valiant, the strap is for the early a-body car and bolts in, it uses the 2 factory sway bar mounting holes, you will need to drill one other hole, that is it, very easy and simple. They have other ones for other cars too. I wouldn't go with the solid mounts on the street, too much vibrations for me.

A friend made mine,he races a 65 Dart and offered to make me some.I also have the shumacher pucks,incase of to much vibration and will make my own torque strap.

I'm using normal, rubber, biscuit type motor mounts and the shumacher torque strap as described above.
Rubber mounts do take alot of vibration out of the chassis, did you ever drive a car with good motor mounts and feel the vibration when they get old and collapse?

Anyways the torque strap is a bolt in deal but you need to drill 2 holes in your K-member on A-bodies or you can weld it in if you like.

torquestrap2.jpg

I'm using normal, rubber, biscuit type motor mounts and the shumacher torque strap as described above.
Rubber mounts do take alot of vibration out of the chassis, did you ever drive a car with good motor mounts and feel the vibration when they get old and collapse?

Anyways the torque strap is a bolt in deal but you need to drill 2 holes in your K-member on A-bodies or you can weld it in if you like.

torquestrap2.jpg
Yes I,ve broken motor mounts also a tranny mount and it wasn,t nice LOL.This wasn,t in either of my Mopars though.I was talking about vibration through the frame with solid mounts.Alls good [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6q7JuCwkjw"]YouTube- my 66 Dart at Cayuga (rained out)[/ame]

Well I had 20 summit bucks, so I orederd the solids. I have the Rattler for a dampner as well, i'll let yall know how much or how little it vibrates. I just made a youtube account, so i'll be posting video of it soon.

Looking forward to your vids.The 408 in these little Early-A,s reminds me of a bigblock with the amount of torque they put out.No give/flex with the solids.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1w9X6qljQE"]YouTube- 64 valiant stroker[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5-9m2joAKo&feature=channel"]YouTube- 64 Valiant Stroker[/ame]

Here is the best I could do for video so far, how do I put the actual video on here rather than the link?

I did lift the Tbars up, so it does not sit that low now. I have a couple header leaks, and need to clean up the plug wires, but that will all be in time.

The video of the car in the driveway is crummy quality, i'll have to see how i loaded up the other, it looks good.

Let me know what ya think!

The cam is a Comp, 241/247 545 lift on a 110 centerline. I did not figure the comp. its probably around 11-11.5 63cc heads, forged valve relief pistons.

Oil the door? Ha, that made me laugh, the thing has bee sitting in my garage for two years, in time I will oil the door.

-
Back