The Wally still eludes me.

-

flyfish

C8H18+N2O = :-D
Reaction score
I went to Muncie Dragway this weekend to take a shot at a Wally again. The first 3 rounds went well, then in rd 4 I did my burn out, and the starting line crew guy got down low to the ground, looking under my car, and told me to shut it off...my car was leaking oil BAD. I'm very thankful that the starter was on the ball (excellent work Muncie Dragway crew :))...probably saved my bacon.

Long story short, I took the car home and found a big ole crack in the oil pan, right down a weld. I have no idea how it got there (pan has been on the car 13 years), but I'll have to pull the engine, remove the pan and re-weld it. Not a huge deal, just time consuming.

I was 0-3 in the Wally races this year (lost rd 4, lost rd 6, lost rd 4), but I WILL take home the "little gold man" soon (thinking positive, lol).

Sounds like the tide has shifted luck toward your side, Yep definitely would have been problems if they hadn't spotted the leak. Persistence pays off, Go get that Wally!!!

Sounds all to familiar(leaky pan).Last month I had a oil leak and thought it was due to a cracked nylon washer on my drain plug(8qrt Milidon pan).Turns out I had crack along the seam weld to the drain plug.After attempts to clean and repair with JB Weld it continued to drip a small bit of oil.I gave in and replaced the pan,so I could continue racing til the season ends.Good luck on your chase for a Wally.:D

The guys I know that have them just kept persevering. Tweak, break, fix, tweak, experiment, break, tweak, etc. Eventually everything pays it back and you'll get one. I know it's nothing I'd ever be able to achieve and it speaks volumes about your competition there too - they've all got to be doing the same thing or they don't get them either...

An old racing buddy (he is not old) has 9 or more wallys, the family, him, brother and dad have over 20, once they start coming home with ya they just keep coming.

-
Back