"the wayback "

-
Rich
Your like me, don't need ideas, just need TIME! Not to change direction, but have you seen this photo? You were saying barracuda rear glass. You going to have it ready for the Exner Nationals?

Attachments

• valiantfastback_75.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,191
Rich
Your like me, don't need ideas, just need TIME! Not to change direction, but have you seen this photo? You were saying barracuda rear glass. You going to have it ready for the Exner Nationals?

no i haven't seen that picture. but that does wonders on the back side. i like it. gotta find a donor barracuda hard to say when it will be ready

well the months have flown by... so what else is new. i decided this past week to make time, and that i did , even though i fought with guilty feelings every step of the way. hopefully i have gotten the momentum rolling enough to stick with it on a regular stride. the rear body panel needed some attention due to a huge dent and rusted weather strip channel. so i formed these pieces to mimic what was there. i made some good progress on both quarter panels where i pulled the body back together and the rear quarter patches i made.

Attachments

• DSCF2302.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,102
  • DSCF2303.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,094
  • DSCF2304.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,108
  • DSCF2305.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,119
  • DSCF2306.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,127
  • DSCF2310.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,140
  • DSCF2308.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,106
so i tried to get a little bit more accomplished today and that's all it was. a little bit more. i hung the doors to compare body lines between the panels. not to bad and a little blocking on the quarters. then i got involved with a 4 hour phone call. ah well another day

Attachments

• DSCF2340.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,056
  • DSCF2341.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,047
  • DSCF2343.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,064
  • DSCF2344.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,061
  • DSCF2345.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,066
here's a little tease about what's going on up front.....................

you'll be fine, you won;t remember a thing

Attachments

• MIB.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,020
But, is it gonna matter if'n you ain't doin' nuttin on da car??? LOL Last post this thread was 8 mos ago.

Seriously, you gotta know I'm a proud poppa. Our daughter just got her permit, and while we were on vacation, she picked out her first car. A '62 Valiant. Pretty solid body really. Its got the same tail panel problem yours had. I'll probably have to fab a new one, at least its all straight lines.

The styling exercise with f/b window looks great, though not sure if I really care for the shape of the C-pillar area. I think the '64-66 'cuda C-pillar would be much nicer. What I do like about it is that the roof was smoothed, losing the ridges above the drip rail.

Lets see some more progress.

Mike in FL

ok... change in plans after hearing several rebuttals from members being discouraged about the gas mileage they are recieving from their modern hemi swap. THE HEMI IS OUT!! and this is going in.

Attachments

• DSCF2599(2).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 749
determined to get some time in on this over the holidays. we are first time in the hole. not bad for the first prefit. time to start making motor mounts

Attachments

• DSCF3338.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 649
  • DSCF3339.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 664
  • DSCF3340.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 649
Well this build just got really cool! So I'm assuming turbo and fuel injected? Sorry for my ignorance but what is that out of?

-
Back