The wife kicked me out of the garage.

-

Badart

Reaction score
Not really :D but she is sick of the constant noise and stinking from grinding and welding. Here is my solution, I'm going to rent a 40' x 40' shop that is about 3 blocks from my house and is located in a business part of town.

With my little side business and the work that I do on my cars I think this will be a good option. It's wired for 220 on two different circuits and has a gas line running in so I can hook up a heater. As you can see from the pic the gate is lockable and there is also room for cars outside. The best part is that it's only $325 a month. Can't beat that.

Now I just have to move all of my equipment, 4 a bodies and some benches. I am pretty excited about this and I think it will make my wife happy so she can park in the garage again. What do you think?

Attachments

• Shop.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 537
  • Shop2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 562
This is exactly what I need John,the price seems right.Gotta keep momma happy!:DWeld up some new door braces right of way too!Good luck.

Put a bed and fridge in there and you won't need to go home! LOL!

You can't race your house, but you can always sleep in your car...

Don't forget to make a "man" password so women can't enter.

Good choice on your part. Plus, everything you do to the shop or buy for the shop, including the rent is completely deductible.
You might consider getting yourself a separate credit or debit card for use at you new business, too.

Congrats.

...and don't forget the refrigerator!

Congrats, sounds like a good deal! Gonna be like monster garage,you'll be building all kinds of stuff now!

Nice find for a garage!!! If your wife is anything like mine she will just find something else to grip about - " are you going back down to that garage .. again" - "you spend all your time at that place", etc. etc..!!

looks good and seems to be a good price, enjoy,Joe

Nice find for a garage!!! If your wife is anything like mine she will just find something else to grip about - " are you going back down to that garage .. again" - "you spend all your time at that place", etc. etc..!!

I like to complain about her, but she is a good woman that keeps me in line. I don't blame her for wanting the garage back. It's cold outside.

Could you buy the property? Wish I had bougth 25 years ago, the money I gave my landlord makes me sick. Good luck with the new shop .....and the wife!!!

Could you buy the property? Wish I had bougth 25 years ago, the money I gave my landlord makes me sick. Good luck with the new shop .....and the wife!!!

My plans are to buy the lot next to me and build a shop on it. I live down a private drive and we are the last house. This would keep someone from moving around us too. Renting will have to do for now.

Might have to get a good alarm system...like a couple of pissed off dogs!

Not bad for the price.. I just hate to see any overhead when it comes to small business adventures such as yours. I wish you the best in your endeavors.

Good for you.
Happy wife happy life. Good move. I have had a separate shop for years and it has worked out well. The space looks so big when you first get it and see it empty. Be carefull about aquisitions shops fill up quickly, and try to keep it well organized from the start.
johndart

Hopefully your not too close to town. Around here if you got a garage and started working on your cars in a commercial part of town some city inspector would come knocking on the door wanting you to file a business license.

When's the break in party with chicks & drugs & beer & wine & fire trucks & police & ambulance & news helicopters....

Damn that is $1500.00 per month where I live. I built a 3000 sq ft shop on my property about 300 ft away from the House. I still get bitched at for spending time out there! Been married for 21 Years, you know the song " if she don't know me by now, she will never ever know me, oooooeaaaooo! Haa

Right on now your talking, here's wishing you the best of luck with your new shop and business. From what I've seen so far you should do very very well.

Thats awesome John, Let me know when your moving stuff and I'll come help out. I may even know where a lift is you can get on the cheap if your interested.

-
Back