The Wife's 67 Barracuda Convertible

-

67Phish

Reaction score
New "official" member here in Pa. I bought my wife a 67 cuda conv. a while back. Got it from a fellow Mopar friend even though I knew it had some issues. Worst of which was the way it drove. Pulled to the left, except when you went over a rise. It would dive hard to the right. I had it aligned and the tech showed me where it was hit in the left wheel area. It must have been right on the wheel as it bent up the a arm support pretty badly. One poor fix later and the left wheel was actually behind the right wheel, hence the strange driving conditions. Ok, so I'm gonna fix this. I buy my framerail and start disassembly. There are so many other issues when you get under a car! Thank goodness for my lift. Up and down, up and down... Needless to say, she's totally stripped now. The car, not my wife. She's totally supporting me. My wife, not the car. Wish me luck! I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how.

Welcome to Fabo, I'm sure you'll get alot of support here if your wife back's out on the support. Good luck with the build!

Looks like a real clean start. Welcome aboard. There is a cornucopia of knowledge here and a plethora of parts if you ask (not words of the day, just sounded like fun to use them).

Welcome to FABO. Always great to have another fish owner on board. Nice looking car up picked up. Enjoy the site, there are lots of great people and information here.

Ma Snart

My fish...

Attachments

• Chassis Cert 3.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 337
Welcome.
I've never seen fender mounted turn signals on a 67 before. Those were mounted on the hood in 68. Recon you have 69 fenders on there ?
Regarless, Its a nice car

Thanks everyone! The pic is proof of the car's 50 foot status. Those fender mounted turn signals were installed by the previous owner. They're the only thing that let's me know they are working! I'm enclosing a pic of the shady fix at the left front frame rail. Take notice to the small metal pieces "welded" on for "support". Seriously, If my buddy Dave is on here, I'm just kidding! It's just time to do this thing right!

Attachments

• leftfront.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 283
I know I haven't followed up on this for too long, but here are some more pics of the progress.

Attachments

• Cutout2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 216
  • Framerail-2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 211
  • Finish-2.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 217
And what I found when it went on the lift. Left rear framerail buckled and right rear rotted.

Attachments

• Rot-3.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 197
  • rear-left-2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 198
Needless to say that whole rear needed replacing. That's all done now and I'll try to find some pics soon.

Pics after repairs and loaded up to go to bodyshop. If you look close you'll see the donor rear clip from a duster welded in.

Attachments

• loaded1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 194
  • loaded2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 191
  • loaded3.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 196
  • loaded4.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 194
Nice work on the project. Will look nice at Carlilse.

-
Back