Then and Now

-

Old Man Mopar

Righteous Dude
Reaction score
Moparsim2c_zps7350e83b.jpg

FDconsole_zps6d9ee1ea.jpg

Anyone play forza...I was so excited to see the dart made the game that I had to buy it. Plus they have the berracuda as well.

I knew a guy that had one of those old Mopar simulators in his garage....cool stuff

There was one for sale on CL a while back, guy wanted $500 for it I think.

The second one looks like it for a video game. The steering wheel is too small to train someone to properly operate a modern vehicle. Probably just a rich kids toy.

My other friend knows where there are 12 of these stitting outside on a old farm, the farmer took his test on the same simulators, he said they used to all be inside a semi-trailer, but outside sine the mid 70's :banghead:

My friends son bought all 12 wood wheels for $5 each.....lucky SOB LOL...when they go back he might buy a whole simulator, said they are rough now, he better buy them all

I had to use one of those things when I was in high school. They were set up in a trailer that a semi dropped off in the school parking lot.
I remember having to sit in that sweat box for a couple of hours. we were allowed out for a (gasp) smoke break.
that was when the teacher would bum a light off of a student, and you didn't worry about getting expelled for having a weapon.
In fact,had a science teacher talking about tar in cigarettes, had a gadget that would smoke one and leave the tar behind. Someone asked about a joint, he said "I'm going to step outside for a sec, when I come back, I'm sure there will be one on my desk to try." sure enough, there was. FYI, it was way high in tar.

Sweet! I remember a more intermediate one,from my era.Hey 66,If your buddy scores those simulators,have em set up for 68,69 S/S Hemi stimulators.........

Noticed the wheel, but missed the seat. I will take the "old" school one. It looks like its setup for std, but has column shifter....maybe 3 on the tree??

Take a look at the pic a little more closely and you'll notice a stick on the floor by where you're right knee would be.

One size fits most.

Frank Mitchell has had the one pictured for sale for at least two years. Today's price is $4800.

1970 Dodge, Chrysler Corporation, driver training, driving simulator. It has an excellent used woodgrained steering wheel, 1970 Dodge Truck Adventurer woodgrained instrument cluster, A100 van seat, and both manual and automatic gearshift mechanisms. It has brake and clutch pedals, turn signal switch, headlamp switch, and emergency flashers. Column is 1970.

Attachments

• Mopar simulator.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 137
  • mvc-SIMULATORas.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 133
Wasn't the old Williamsburg school supposed to be haunted by a janitor or someone that hung themselves on some tree on school grounds lol.

http://forgottenusa.com/haunts/OH/9994/The old Williamsburg High School/

thats what I was thinking of.
My ex wife was one of the students that jumped from the 3rd floor. She was stoned out of her mind. She landed in the shrubs in front and only came away with a bunch of scratch's and cuts. I never heard of anyone killing themselves in the school. It's a old building, so it draws alot of b.s. attention.
the simulator was always set up on the west side of the building under the water tower.

-
Back