Then WTF did you stop me, then?

-
So how did it know to pull over? :D
I always wondered how they did that part of the system.

Also, if it does get a ticket who is responsible?
Does the cop argue it with the car or the computer?
Does Google have to pay the ticket?

driverless-car-toon.jpg

Who do we honk at when they start holding up traffic????

There is a passenger though. Why would Google build a car that drives itself for it not to take passengers anywhere.... see where I'm going with this?...

There is a passenger though. Why would Google build a car that drives itself for it not to take passengers anywhere.... see where I'm going with this?...

Sorry, no. I don't see. I think the entire idea of a driverless car is totally stupid

I am also against having hundreds? thousands? millions? of Walmart/ Amazon (Ebay? etc?) drones flying overhead delivering packages

(On the other hand some of us might see how many free packages they can shoot out of the sky)

Don't understand driverless cars? Use your imagination. In the future, there will be no more drunk drivers, idiots meandering in passing lanes, getting tailgated by some idiot that doesn't think you are passing other cars fast enough, squeezers that ruin perfectly running traffic because they want to move up one car length. When they perfect the system, there will still be problems, but there will be a lot of benefits--mostly concerning safety and comfort. I would love to be able to sleep on those eight hour trips--the rest of my family gets to, why not me?

Now ask me if there is something else I would rather see or do, and I would suggest getting rid of all idiot drivers; however, Darwin does not seem to work fast enough, and he seems to take out innocents too often.

Don't understand driverless cars? Use your imagination. In the future,..................

You need to listen to the song, "In the Year 2525"

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yesyhQkYrQM"]Zager and Evans - In The Year 2525 - YouTube[/ame]

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find
In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think, do, and say
Is in the pill you took today

In the year 4545
Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes
You won't find a thing to chew
Nobody's gonna look at you

In the year 5555
Your arms are hanging limp at your sides
Your legs got nothing to do
Some machine is doing that for you

In the year 6565
Ain't gonna need no husband, won't need no wife
You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too
From the bottom of a long glass tube' Whoooa

In the year 7510
If God's a-comin' he ought to make it by then
Maybe he'll look around himself and say
Guess it's time for the Judgement day

In the year 8510
God is gonna shake his mighty head then
He'll either say I'm pleased where man has been
Or tear it down and start again

In the year 9595
I'm kinda wondering if man is gonna be alive
He's taken everything this old earth can give
And he ain't put back nothing

Now it's been 10,000 years
Man has cried a billion tears
For what he never knew
Now man's reign is through
But through eternal night
The twinkling of starlight
So very far away
Maybe it's only yesterday

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may thrive
In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think, do or say
Is in the pill you took today ....(fading...)

Not a very positive outlook on life in the future. Did they have any other songs that were a little happier?

At least they did not mention the sun imploding in a billion years.

I'd rather take a train that be forced to use a driverless car.

Not in my life-time - I love to drive and am a "bad passenger" - I just could not do it.. not even on a road trip to get some shut-eye..

I'll take my chances with human drivers & traditional cars,lol....

I'll take my chances with human drivers & traditional cars,lol....

Something else that has not been mentioned...........What's going to happen (and we all KNOW the answer) "when" these are put into use, and "they" hack it?

https://www.google.com/search?q=hac...ChMIyqK53b-ayQIVxxqUCh1nMQay&biw=1025&bih=460

"They" have hacked many retail stores, Target, others, Sony, the military and the US government, surely no one things a toy built by Gargol is going to be "hack proof" especially since it most certainly will be "connected."

And, you all know who "they" is, you know, "the thems"

Here Boy! Come on, you can do it ..... Come!
I guess if you go out for a walk, and get tired ,you can call it to come and get you.
If they want to invent stuff that works automatically, they should invent an atomically correct wife. Now that would be worth doing. One that cooks, cleans and you know; does stuff besides keeping the couch warm . Then when she's done you can just turn her off, and park her in a corner. Is that too much to ask?

Something else that has not been mentioned...........What's going to happen (and we all KNOW the answer) "when" these are put into use, and "they" hack it?

https://www.google.com/search?q=hac...ChMIyqK53b-ayQIVxxqUCh1nMQay&biw=1025&bih=460

"They" have hacked many retail stores, Target, others, Sony, the military and the US government, surely no one things a toy built by Gargol is going to be "hack proof" especially since it most certainly will be "connected."

And, you all know who "they" is, you know, "the thems"

Agreed,Del. The more electronics,the more hackers can control.

As far as drones. There are some really bird big dogs that will kill anything that lands in their yard. I can't wait for one to land here. They will have to drive out and pick up the remains.

Attachments

• spoiler pics 153.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 87
-
Back