Thermal Arc fabricator 252i

-

03ramit1

Reaction score
I just ordered this welder. It's a 3 in 1 machine it does MIG TIG and stick. And is spool gun ready. Rated at 250A with 40% duty cycle and at 150A it's 100%. it's a fairly new welder to the market, I saw a demo of it and with my discount I can't pass it up. By the time it's all said and done I'll be able to weld any meterial, and I'll have it for a great price. This is actually the first welder I have purchased but it will handle everything I could ever need to weld in my gerage. I can't wait to give it a shot. My roll cage is all bent up and ready for welding it will be the first project for this machine, after several practice welds on some scrap tubing. I am also wanting to build a new entertainment center for the house, and plan on building it in steel. I am wanting to show off my TIG welding abilities, and once I get going a few more tools it will be time to open up the doors to my own fab shop. I can't wait.

Sorry I'm just excited. The machine is cool can't wait to start playing with it.

I was under the impression you could not TIG aluminum with those types of machines??

Nice little rig. All those settings should make your welds very uniform.

I was under the impression you could not TIG aluminum with those types of machines??

It's not supposed to. But with the spool gun I can mig aluminum. I have a close friend with a syncrowave 250DX that will allow me to run it whenever needed. So it was not a great concern. Most of all the welding I will ever do will be out of steel. This is the first machine on a long list that I have to acquire to open up my metal fab shop. I am planning on opening up more of a metal art type shop. And will do more mild steel and stainless steel so the ability to do aluminum is not so important. As I'll be doing signs, gates, patio furniture, stuff like that. So it will do 99.9% of the jobs I will do. For the other .1% I'll swing in to my buddy's shop and borrow his TIG for aluminum.

Well here it is, 11 days later and I'm still waiting. They are on backorder, because the cart is not available. I'm told that it will ship on Monday, so I should have it next week. I can't wait, but the excitement has worn off a little, that is untill it arrives.

-
Back