Thermoquad fuel leak

-
[1] The dripping fuel is coming from the acc pump shooter. When you actuated the t/lever, you also squirted fuel down the bore.....which leaked out through the worn shaft/hole in the base.
[2] If the fuel leak was due to flooding or damaged caps on the body, it would leak all the time, not just when the throttle is activated.
[3] Been playing with TQs since the 70s & this is the first time I have heard/seen of a TQ wearing the shaft. I am in Oz, so don't see as many as you guys in the US.
[4] It might be cheaper/easier to find another carb or base close to that carb number than trying to fix it. Doubt a repair kit would come with a new shaft & it is likely yo have some wear. So just a replacement bush would only 'half' fix it.
[5] Swapping the base. The only 'jetting' in the base is bypass air; some carbs have the pri t/blades drilled &/or small holes drilled through the base, near the idle ports. These feed air from above the blades to below the blades, bypass air, does the same as holes in the blades. What is important is the aggregate area of the holes to maintain the correct transfer slot-at-idle position.

Who was bein smart? I'm guessing for all your fancy talk, you've never even held a TQ in your hand.
It's a good thing yur guessing,
I was 17/18 when those came out, and altho I may not have held as many as your ancient hands, I still have held a bunch. And while you may be a TQ guru, my NO longer-arthritic hands still know their way around a TQ reasonably well. It is and forever will be my favorite carb.
You just like to pick on me, I get that. Keep up the good work.

It's a good thing yur guessing,
I was 17/18 when those came out, and altho I may not have held as many as your ancient hands, I still have held a bunch. And while you may be a TQ guru, my NO longer-arthritic hands still know their way around a TQ reasonably well. It is and forever will be my favorite carb.
You just like to pick on me, I get that. Keep up the good work.

I've never claimed to be a guru about anything. In fact, I preach on a pretty regular basis that I'm quite the opposite. Anyone can learn from repetition, even a chimp, as I'm so fond of saying. My knowledge and expertise is very limited to a very narrow range. The mistake you made saying the TQ has bushings is not a mistake someone would make whose ever even had one apart, much less someone whose claimed as much experience as you. Even @yellow rose has posted pictures and videos of some of his projects. Everyone has seen mine. Where's yours? All we ever see from you is a blowhard braggart talkin about his mighty "367 this and 367 that". Where's the video of these 7200 RPM shifts you talk about all the time? You ever seen @Oldmanmopar's videos? He's the real deal. That was one badass Demon he had. Real videos, real pictures. Real RPM, real screamin on the street. But you? Nothing but talk. Any idiot could read out of books and formulas everything you post. Everything. You post up some good proof and I'll shut up. If it's good enough, I might even apologize. I'm a fair kinda guy.

But for now, I think you're as fake as Pam Anderson's titties and that's the story I'm stickin to.

-
Back