Thermoquad rebuilt by Holley?

-

Bill Crowell

Reaction score
What could I have been thinking when I bought this?

It wasn't working right, and upon disassembly I found they had mismatched a throttle plate with the large primary bores and a small-bore fuel bowl!

They were probably using up the parts that they had. I've had it sitting on the shelf for too long, and the warranty has expired.

There is at least some recoup money there.
Somewhere here there is a fella looking for a TQ bowl to replace his cracked one.

Ka-Ching!

So a carb. company that used to be known to make leaking carbs now tries it hand on fixing carbs that used to leak too...

And the competition’s as well.....

So a carb. company that used to be known to make leaking carbs now tries it hand on fixing carbs that used to leak too...

They are trying to make themselves look better by f*cking up the competition's stuff....
072.gif

this guy did a great job on mine.. Vintage Muscle Car Parts
Joe, let me tell you how it works when you have four (4) older Mopars with Thermoquads:

1. You run out of money to pay mechanics to fix them.
2. Hopefully before your bank starts sending you overdraft notices, God appears before you and says, "Billy (in my case), it is time for you to learn to work on Thermoquads!"
3. So you start learning. You make a bunch of mistakes at first. Every mistake that it is possible to make, in fact. Eventually, if you keep your fire extinguisher handy at the moment of truth, you learn how to assemble a TQ correctly. (After all, an infinite number of monkeys typing on an infinite number of typewriters will eventually write the Bible.)
4. The bad news is that you forget how to assemble a TQ unless you do it at least every few months.
5. The good news is that with 4 (four) older Mopars with TQs, #4 above is never a problem!

Joe, let me tell you how it works when you have four (4) older Mopars with Thermoquads:

1. You run out of money to pay mechanics to fix them.
2. Hopefully before your bank starts sending you overdraft notices, God appears before you and says, "Billy (in my case), it is time for you to learn to work on Thermoquads!"
3. So you start learning. You make a bunch of mistakes at first. Every mistake that it is possible to make, in fact. Eventually, if you keep your fire extinguisher handy at the moment of truth, you learn how to assemble a TQ correctly. (After all, an infinite number of monkeys typing on an infinite number of typewriters will eventually write the Bible.)
4. The bad news is that you forget how to assemble a TQ unless you do it at least every few months.
5. The good news is that with 4 (four) older Mopars with TQs, #4 above is never a problem!

i've rebuilt them in the past. pretty easy really. not too much to them. this on was a real mess though.. it was all seized up and shafts needed to be bushed. it was the original to the truck so i didn't want to mess it up pulling it apart....

-
Back