These shocks added height to my Duster's stock suspension

-
Those were the new springs yes. Those are the ones I still have I guess its possible I got the wrong ones I was only 17 when i put those on I didnt know much. Still dont apparently lol. I didnt know the spring hangers (shackles) were supposed to be angled.

Yes, the shackle should be angled. It's in the Chrysler chassis book, and if you are really old, it's in the old DC book.

The reason is the spring changes length as it compresses (bump) and extends (rebound). The only way it can change lengths is to have one end move to allow it to change length.

If you have it straight up and down as you do, as you put the spring in compression (bump for old people) the spring can't get short enough because the shackle can't move far enough forward to allow the spring to get shorter.

Extension (rebound for old people like me) doesn't move nearly as much so that's why you can have the shackle angled back.

Skip the SS springs. They were never all that. Even in the late 1970's (or the early 1980's at the latest) Chrysler was trying to get the SS guys to use what they called the leaf link suspension because the SS was already obsolete. It's pretty much obsolete for everything. Not unlike the pinion snubber.

Ok so I finally got around to measuring my leafs they are 20 from the pin to the front hole and 34 from the pin to the back hole.(center of the holes in a straight line) does this sound right?

Here's original springs with an extra leaf added. (done by the previous owner) I would never go through all the work to make it happen. I would just call ESPO and buy a new set.

001.jpg

I looked into ESPO as well as General Spring. Any reason why one would be better than the other?
One is probably as good as the other. There is a lot of people here that have done business with ESPO with good results.

these shocks work perfect with my traction bars. Couldn't be happier. Car bit like a crocodile at the track.

LOL. It's bit like an alligator out here in the west.

To avoid the confusion, I always say it hooks like its on cogs.

Of course, some don't know what a cog is so there's that.

LOL. It's bit like an alligator out here in the west.

To avoid the confusion, I always say it hooks like its on cogs.

Of course, some don't know what a cog is so there's that.
A Cogswell Cog. Like a Spacely Space Sprocket.

-
Back