Things I do at car shows

-
When I get know it alls I just fart and walk away.

Oh yea, just love those "Flakes" like the one "Zero" of a dude telling me there's 2 different small blocls for moPar, the 340 and the 360 tall block.
Yep, 2 different "LA" engines, 2 different deck heights.

(Bow tie jacka$$!)

What? I have 2 340 short decks? I thought they were tall blocks. LOL

I am just SO DAMN tired of going to a car show with my car and enter it into the show and hang around to only find out that the same old tired cars that win trophy's end up winning the trophies again and again. It is very, very, frustrating because I keep investing cash into my car and buying new parts and the judges just keep walking by my car and pick out the same cars that win at every other show.:angry6:

I have been going to Mopar only car shows. Have had a lot of fun. I walk around and check out he other cars most of the time and find it easy to find and talk to some nice people. The only thing I here a lot is "is it a real one"? and that is a good question as there is a lot of clones any more. Not that that is a bad thing though.

I don't mind the shows. I have even let kids sit in the drivers seat of my car while there parents take thier picture. It makes thier day and the parents tell me that very few of the car owners are that nice. I don't mind talking to most of the folks and I do correct them when they say something stupid, but I do it in a nice way. As for the idiots that say that's not original, I just say, if you want original, build your own, I built this the way I wanted it.

Jack

I don't know how many times I've heard. I had a Duster just like that.
Yeah right, didn't no Plymouth painted them sassy grass after 71.
It's a 73.

I am just SO DAMN tired of going to a car show with my car and enter it into the show and hang around to only find out that the same old tired cars that win trophy's end up winning the trophies again and again. It is very, very, frustrating because I keep investing cash into my car and buying new parts and the judges just keep walking by my car and pick out the same cars that win at every other show.:angry6:

Don't register for judging, you will have more fun.

Leave the trophies for the trophy seekers.

i think he is a trophy seeker from the looks of it lol

Nah, he's just frustrated.
I know how he feels because I see it all the time, the same dweebs keep getting the trophies every time by the same judges.
Maybe their cars are really nice,$100-K custom jobbers done up by a high end shop, but it's nice to see the little guy get noticed every once in a while especially when he takes just as much pride in his car as the high dollar guys, just on a different pay grade.
That's why I said don't seek the trophies, especially at those shows because you are just wasting your time there.

I think trophies take all the fun out of it.

Did you ever see how badly some of those guys stress over getting those trophies, oh my gosh it's freaking sick.
You'd swear some of them are gonna have a freakin heart attack over getting the top spot.... lemme outta here.....:sign10:

I enjoy seeing people and there new ideas and walk with friends and share some good old memories that pop up when they see a car that brings back old stories of there past.:happy10:
You have not lived till you walk through a swap meet with Small Block :toothy10:=D> He sure can confuse a seller and and say things like " If I pay this for that and you throw in that how low can ya go" Dang he is so funny 8)
My first car show with Victoria was allot of fun :love7: There was a bunch of very nice car's there and muscle cars, But my little 66 sedan sure got allot of attention and many stories people would share with me about there old Valiant's 8) It seemed that these old cars carried the mail and news papers back in the day for allot of carriers :glasses8:
I try and make a point to give the young guns a smile selling or showing there cars that are nice but not perfect and put a smile on there face telling then they are doing good and try and buy parts they brought to sell =D>
Then there are the folks that are there just to get out of the house and set up just to cook and talk about there racing days and the old ways they did to make there ol cars go faster before there was no such thing as NOS. gas chillers and tire size to match the track and setting up the front end for no drag, Yep Them ol farts sure had fun and enjoy hearing there stories and learning as I enjoy a good car show. :thumbrig:

Then there is always the flowers there to =P~

Check out Memike's face up there with the ladies. LOL.
You dawg!!!! ha, ha.,,,very nice, if they only knew right Mike? LOL.
There are golf pro's, there are race pro's, there are ball pro's.....just look at the confidence on Memike's face......he's a pro wit da ladies. ha, ha.

Check out Memike's face up there with the ladies. LOL.
You dawg!!!! ha, ha.,,,very nice, if they only knew right Mike? LOL.
There are golf pro's, there are race pro's, there are ball pro's.....just look at the confidence on Memike's face......he's a pro wit da ladies. ha, ha.

I agree! Just hope the "refs" in picture don't give Mike a technical foul or 5 yard penalty for "backfield in motion" or "illegal use of the hands" LOL!!!:cheers:

I know how he feels because I see it all the time, the same dweebs keep getting the trophies every time by the same judges.
Maybe their cars are really nice,$100-K custom jobbers done up by a high end shop, but it's nice to see the little guy get noticed every once in a while especially when he takes just as much pride in his car as the high dollar guys, just on a different pay grade.
That's why I said don't seek the trophies, especially at those shows because you are just wasting your time there.

Did you ever see how badly some of those guys stress over getting those trophies, oh my gosh it's freaking sick.
You'd swear some of them are gonna have a freakin heart attack over getting the top spot.... lemme outta here.....:sign10:

I can understand where you guys are coming from, but i wouldnt enter my in a show even thinking or hoping for a trophy...ive always thought of carshows as a hangout to chill with other car guys, and i leave the whole trophy thing to guys who went there for them...to me, what a bunch of judges think or dont think about my car would never bother me in the slightest since at the end of the day i like it and thats all that matters

lots of beautiful rides on this site, so regardless if they win a trophy or not everyone here should know they have one damn sexy a-body! LOL...i just love how these mopars are called a-bodies! grade a quality baby! 8)

You are absolutley right I am not a trophy seeker by any means, I just get really frustrated in that my vehicle gets no recognition. I mean my car was used in a television commercial here in the Raleigh area last year and you would think, based on the airplay of that commercial that received a lot of airplay in North Carolina. I just get frustrated that these same dweebs seem to get all the credit. I'd bet 3/4 of them have never turned a wrench on their car.These people who just go to shows to seek trophies do make me sick, and I am not seeking a trophy but just once a little recognition of all my hard work on the restoration of my car. These guys who buy 30K -50K cars and then show up for trophies is not what the real reason of restoration and enjoyment of classic cars is all about. it is kind of like having a Trophy wife and showing her off everywhere you go. Rant over !!!!!

Yes I do here is the link I am not in the commercial, they used an actor but the car is mine.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHn4HMpiFKc"]YouTube- Sheetz "Good Love" HD60[/ame]

I think I am done with showing my car. I really enjoy the car shows but do not want to sit by it or listen about what others think about it. I really enjoy talking to others showing theirs that can see I really appreciate what they have done.
Every time I stop for gas I always get at least one person that comes over and likes my car for what it is. Those people are genuinely interested and are fun to talk to.

I personally don't do judged shows. I know what's wrong with my car, I don't need anybody to tell me. I drive my car pretty regularly, and it shows. My original 1972 paint has chips, there are door dings, and I don't detail the underside of the car. The engine gets a little dirty from time to time. Heck, I might even have dead bugs on the windshield. I do however enjoy our local cruise ins, you get all kinds of people and cars showing up at them. And no judging usually, just a people's choice trophy or something. There are usually even activities and givaways for the kids. My 8 year old stepdaughter loves to go to the cruise ins with me. Last year one of the guys running the show asked her to draw the 50/50 ticket, and the guy that won gave her $20.00 for drawing his ticket. Needless to say she's REALLY in love with cruise ins now...lol. To each their own, but I personally have never seen the attraction of owning a car that's too nice to drive whenever I feel like it. Heck, I even have windshield wipers if it rains!!

I put on a monthly Cruise-In at a local Diner. It runs 3 hours, 4-7PM, and by 7 we are DONE! We have various awards that everyone gets to vote on, a bunch of door prizes and good food in the diner. We have a lot of fun! If anyone is around Atlanta on the forst Saturdays, shoot me a PM for details. It is NOT your average boring car show . . .

We have a local cruise-in every Friday evening in the summer. No prizes. No activities. We're not a big town, and the cruise-in is not large by any means. Usually 20 or 30 cars just in a supermarket parking lot. Occasionally we get as high as 50 cars. A core of regulars, but new cars come and go every week. We get a lot of viewers and onlookers that come to see the cars. Many of the people are old friends, classmates, people we havent seen in years. A totally enjoyable time, and I look forward to it every Friday night. Just car people getting together to enjoy each others rides, and each others company.

Yep, a lawn chair, a small cooler with some cold ones and a Mopar magazine or two. Sometimes I organize my scrapbook or polish the chrome. (my paint is dull and faded original. There's always a story about "my cousin had a Barracuda with that engine" or something like that. I love to hear the old stories even though they are often mostly BS. I did get a 3rd. place trophy last year.
(there were only 3 Mopars in the class) LOL LOL LOL My wife doesn't really like my car but was suprised at how much attention it got.

Dustermaniac...that was really you...dont be shy....

btw cool commercial ....
Aloha

-
Back