Things to do before you die

-

pete walton

Reaction score
Now i have had this plan to take my car back to California and race it for some time. Put it past the wife and she has given me the green light.... Part of the deal is she comes too......small price to pay.But its going to take some sorting.First thing is ,is it easy to hire a truck and trailer to move it about ....Will i be able to race it at any track ???Would love to do the Mopars at Vegas ,but would i be able to enter????This is just a toe in the water to find out what problems i would face .....Thanks in advance for any help

Sunny England......Getting it shipped from here is not a problem .But to ship my truck and trailer as well would be a lot of money.So plan is . Hire an RV and a trailer states side .Hit the highway and look for some tracks and at the same time enjoy the local hospitality.No time limit ,plan is to stay till the money runs out..

plan is to stay till the money runs out..
LOL, YOU are da MAN!

Alot about racing it is if it complies with the HNHRA rule book. If it doesn't fit into a certain race class or doesn't get passed tech for saftey, then you may not be able to take it down the track or race it.

http://www.nhra.com/

It may be very very possible to rent a RV and tow dolly for the car and yourselfs on traveling across the states. Going from Cali. to Vegas is driveable, but I don't think you'll like driving the hot rod in the heat. It can get crazy ot there.

My car is tagged to 8.50sec and we run the same NHRA rule book in England so it should pass any tech inspection...

Now i have had this plan to take my car back to California and race it for some time. Put it past the wife and she has given me the green light.... Part of the deal is she comes too......small price to pay.But its going to take some sorting.First thing is ,is it easy to hire a truck and trailer to move it about ....Will i be able to race it at any track ???Would love to do the Mopars at Vegas ,but would i be able to enter????This is just a toe in the water to find out what problems i would face .....Thanks in advance for any help

Hi Pete: We need lots of pictures and info. on your car, we can tell you what classes you can run in.

Kenny

Hey thanks for that ,
every trip thru the Hoover Dam area I see 6 or 7 of them. You are not planning on doing this during the summer months, are you? If so you might want to start getting acclimated, especially if you are planning on going to Nevada or Arizona. To start the acclimation process, turn your oven onto a medium setting and insert head. After a few minutes, remove head, turn on broiler and reinsert head....:toothy10:it is hot in the summer months....

Hi Pete: We need lots of pictures and info. on your car, we can tell you what classes you can run in.

Kenny

Pictures

3_160.jpg

js4.jpg

js9.jpg

what is that rv rental place, Cruise America I think. place to start http://www.cruiseamerica.com/

OH! That is so what I was thinking! Excellent! Good man! I was figuring on a RV rental and tow dolly from them. Theres a place (kind of) by me closer to NYC. I met a German family visiting there Nanny daughter for a few weeks renting a RV.

My car is tagged to 8.50 sec and we run the same NHRA rule book in England so it should pass any tech inspection...
Excellent. I thought the NHRA rules and club was over sea's. So this is good! Bring your track license!

8.50's is movin it, nice!

OH! That is so what I was thinking! Excellent! Good man! I was figuring on a RV rental and tow dolly from them. Theres a place (kind of) by me closer to NYC. I met a German family visiting there Nanny daughter for a few weeks renting a RV.

Excellent. I thought the NHRA rules and club was over sea's. So this is good! Bring your track license!

8.50's is movin it, nice!

The roll cage is tagged to run 8.50 ,,,,not sure it will ever see an 8.50...But we shall live in hope

that is a sweet looking notchback! Welcome in advance, I hope this works out for you and that you & your wife have a great time!

my brother's band and others tour the country frequently and have found if they were going to be on tour for more than a couple weeks it was cheaper to buy a good used R.V. than to rent one, and just sell it when they're finished (or keep it and use it again the next year)

WOW! I did not know you had cars over there like that, I thought the country was to small for any thing over four cylinders.
So is the burnout box in England and the shutdown in Scotland?

Just funen with you, a good friend of mine is from England and we always
pill his chain about that.
Very nice car you will be able to run her in Vegas, and when you get done
in the U.S. come on up north to Canada we have a few good tracks up here.

Good Luck
Kenny

You should be fine even if there are a few minor transgressions but it looks like you got it going on. Hope you have a blast and I wish you luck. Just don't come here with rubber valve stems, I got called on that once, in a street car!

Very, very cool vacation plans. Do it if you can Pete & nice car =D>.

every trip thru the Hoover Dam area I see 6 or 7 of them. You are not planning on doing this during the summer months, are you? If so you might want to start getting acclimated, especially if you are planning on going to Nevada or Arizona. To start the acclimation process, turn your oven onto a medium setting and insert head. After a few minutes, remove head, turn on broiler and reinsert head....:toothy10:it is hot in the summer months....

So funny and pretty close to true ink.....ROFL

Make some good friends here at FABO or BBD and maybe someone will offer to trailer maybe even have you into their home and help you out. it would be cheaper and safer and safer for your car, i hope this dont sound too off the wall.

BEWARE OF THIS GUY !!!

He will pull any trick to get out of buying you a beer. He`s been promising me one for a couple of years now ... just when I start to get close he pulls this stunt.

Pete .... sounds ace mate, hope it comes off for you. I am jealous :)

BEWARE OF THIS GUY !!!

He will pull any trick to get out of buying you a beer. He`s been promising me one for a couple of years now ... just when I start to get close he pulls this stunt.

Pete .... sounds ace mate, hope it comes off for you. I am jealous :)
Jon ya better chuck a few more quid in that small block if you wanna keep up ..... hopefully got a new secret weapon coming soon ......Watch this space :-D:-D

Looked into this a bit more and it seems the best thing to do is buy an RV and a trailer Stateside...So it looks like happening next year ,, if all goes to plan... But what i have decided to do ,,,is sell my race car in the US .So in a way i will be repatriating the ole girl....What will it make $$$$$ in the US....

-
Back