think baby needs a bottle

-
Yup, I think stock rods at 250 are fine. Not for 7K shifts... but off the line they wont be hurt. It's rpm and reciprocating weight that tear the factory rods up. IMO, they aren't good for shifts over 6000 with those heavy slugs. Mopar rods are very strong factory rods.

so with a 150 shot, or even 200 shot, would i still be limited to a 6K shift? would 6500 be pushing it?

I've had the spray on my duster for a couple of years now and haven't really used it other than some short tests. Until last night. Its an Eddy RPM plate system and I have jets for a 150 shot. Well, I was out on Woodward and this guy in a Chevelle kept trying to get me to race. It sounded fast, big block, solid cam, etc. Well I armed my system, opened the bottle (remote-its really cool) and we finally caught a light. Did I ever waste him. My duster is probably a 12.20 car on the motor (383). Actually a crap motor, 9.2:1 CAST pistons, crap heads, you get the picture. But man, when I nailed it she really screamed. Even the exhaust sound was different. I figure that with a 150 shot it should be capable of low 11's or maybe even high 10's. Can't wait until the next time that I have to "test" it. BTW, I have a bottle heater, purge, and remote bottle opener that all get armed from the same switch. It also sends a signal to my Mallory ignition box that automatically pulls 6 degrees of timing out. All from the driver's seat. Definitely an "E" ticket ride.

I've had the spray on my duster for a couple of years now and haven't really used it other than some short tests. Until last night. Its an Eddy RPM plate system and I have jets for a 150 shot. Well, I was out on Woodward and this guy in a Chevelle kept trying to get me to race. It sounded fast, big block, solid cam, etc. Well I armed my system, opened the bottle (remote-its really cool) and we finally caught a light. Did I ever waste him. My duster is probably a 12.20 car on the motor (383). Actually a crap motor, 9.2:1 CAST pistons, crap heads, you get the picture. But man, when I nailed it she really screamed. Even the exhaust sound was different. I figure that with a 150 shot it should be capable of low 11's or maybe even high 10's. Can't wait until the next time that I have to "test" it. BTW, I have a bottle heater, purge, and remote bottle opener that all get armed from the same switch. It also sends a signal to my Mallory ignition box that automatically pulls 6 degrees of timing out. All from the driver's seat. Definitely an "E" ticket ride.
Now that sounds like the best setup yet!Surprise,Surprise at your finger tips at any given moment!My hats off to ya!

just dont run a pcv with any no2 system, oil in your fuel just deludes the octane rating and is dangerous if you have a pcv now plug it off on the carb and just put a plain old breather in the valve cover

I've always run a PCV, and friends know how little I like to change oil. I've never had an issue with that. If you're getting that much fuel in the oil, your ring seal isnt as good as it should be. Don, I dont know if you'll lose a full second and a little because you're already going fast.. But yes, it changes a lot of things...noise, chassis twist, traction, stall speed...lol.

sweet story don, thanks for sharing...that mallory box seems like the ticket for all around any setup, so there is no way i am not getting it...i think over the fall i may start planning a nitrous setup, but i need to figure out how to lower my compression ratio since im at 10.5:1 and want this to run on street gasoline...maybe change the head gaskets and go to aluminum heads or something, but i will have to see...turbos, superchargers, nitrous- all these power adders are so darn tempting lol

10.5 to one shoud do fine on pump gas, its totally a myth that you have to have low compression with no2 now boost on the otherhand is a diffrent story all together

This is an 11.2 to 1 engine,250 hp zex and NOS solinoids.
Runs 10.40 off the juice.You don't need low comp to run nitrios
IMGP0230.jpg

IMGP0325.jpg

8.2-1 motor.runs 150 hp nos 150 plus passes.4 degree'stiming taken out.
Stock internals.
Mopar .528 cam.
Carter mech fuel pump and a tee in the fuel line.
Car runs 11.50's

IMGP0513.jpg

IMGP0481.jpg

so im fine spraying say a 150 to 200 shot on the regular premium gas that im going to be running on my motor?

I'd stay clear of the 200 hp levels. Ring end gap was 'likely' not gapped that wide, assuming the builder didn't have NOS in mind when the engine was assembled. It was recommended by my man to not go passed the 185 hp shot. Mine happens to be the NOS system: 150, 185, 210, and 250 hp levels. The more you spray, the higher the cylinder pressures and temps go. Butting the ring ends would spell dissaster. Play it safe. A 150 shot knocked 8/10 ths off my et on a bad day and gained me 8 MPH at the end. Your difference could be more.

cool man, 150 sounds like a safe bet than....yes, when my dad built the motor he did not take into account nitrous for the ring gaps (my buddy with a purpose built nitrous BB in his chevelle sprays 300 shot and his gaps are huge so i kinda figured id be pushing it)...looks like a 150 shot for me if i go that route, which is plenty

-
Back