Think i got Screwed

-
it says both have to sign it. I talked to the guy that sold it to me to try and get it all figured out. and he changed what he said around. said it wasnt his brothers. he was selling it for a friend and he doesn't know a stephen. And that it's my car now and tough luck

did this guy sign it in front of you? are you sure?

Many times a serviceman overseas has a relative named with power of attorney. Talk to the father of the two if you know the name. Address on title should lead you to the father. Tell him the story and maybe he will sign if he has power of attorney or will make it right. If you paid with check, keep the canceled check for proof. If cash and you have bill of sale, make copy to show the father or serviceman brother. Don't take the original with you. Hope you can get it straightened out. Sorry I didn't see your last post.

also, call 411 and call the owner on the title. so when sherriff pulls up, you have the real owners info, and then the cop can call the number that you give him, and he can talk directly to the owner to find out the deal on the car

He didn't sign it in front of me and he wont release me his name. This is my first time buying a car from somebody and i did the horrible mistake of going alone. I was so giddy about finally finding a fixxer upper DSM (diamond start motors) that i didn't care.....and that is where i messed up. I have learned a valuable lesson. And no bill of sale was given to me. I guess time to scrap the car get what little money i can from it and keep looking and saving back

It was all a scam the guys real name is jason maddie. and he is now threatening me for calling the cop's.......over 900 dollars.....and now i may lose my life

Ok, i am stupid too.

I bought a 72 duster 340 from someone in hertford north carolina like 4 months ago. I picked car up, and i knew i had to go to dmv with the guy, for him to apply for duplicate title, but instead of it going to him, it would come to me. Well, dmv screwed up and sent it to him. But, he was now at the time overseas, in the army also. So i tried to get the brother to get it out of his brothers post office box. Well, let me tell you..............
I got the tiitle back, but it said on it 4dr, so, i sent it back to them to correct, and once again, they sent it to the previous owner. I have been hearing for the last 3 months that it was mailed but keeps commming back.
I had enough, so i called the county sherrifs down there. They met the previous owner, and told him to send it to me. This was a month ago. I still have not gotten it. Last week, i talked to the sheriff, and he said the guy did mail it, so we will see.

All the meanwhile, i had flipped the car to member torquehouse on here, and he has been so patient, waiting for months for this title. I still do not have the good news to tell him yet, that i have the corrected title in my hands. God-willing, i will soon, but i has been a complete disator.

Fyi, never give up money till you have the title, and it is correct. Please

He didn't sign it in front of me and he wont release me his name. This is my first time buying a car from somebody and i did the horrible mistake of going alone. I was so giddy about finally finding a fixxer upper DSM (diamond start motors) that i didn't care.....and that is where i messed up. I have learned a valuable lesson. And no bill of sale was given to me. I guess time to scrap the car get what little money i can from it and keep looking and saving back

DO NOT! Scrap the car. You do not own the car. If you scrap the car you may be out way more than you are now.

I THINK IT IS DIAMOND star motors.lol

is it turbo? fwd?awd?auto?manual? go to www.dsmtuners.com and sign in there. you can sell a boatload of the parts on that site. big following of that type of car. better it it has the 4g63 in it, which is the turbo model, but if it has the 420a, wich is the neon engine, them guys on there have make some sick power with them engines too!

I say either have the brother sign it or you sign it.....if anything happens (which I doubt) let the brother take the fall.

as was mentioned....never trade/buy a vehicle unless you have a clean clear title in hand, been down that road and if it turns into a hassle.....its always long and drawn out.

if worse comes to worse....there are ways of getting a title for it as long as it has not been reported stolen or anything.

find out who the names on the front of the title are before doing something stupid. if he had possesion of the title, he got it and the car somehow, so if you find the real owners, find out who they sold it to, and go from there. i doubt this douch stole the car and the title. did you look to see if the numbers on the dash match the numbers on the title?
did you meet him at his house, or a public place?

you mention that he won't release his name?

if there are two people signed onto a title then both persons names should be printed on the title.

just copy the brothers hand writing in the same color pen and write the other brothers name...if anything comes of it just say the brother was the one who did something illegal (not the right thing to do no....but its an option).

also, you can not scrap a car unless you have a signed title by ALL partys who are shown to have ownership of said vehicle......Unless you find a back woods salvage yard that don't give a crap about the law lol.

here in michigan there is a "hush hush" form called a TR-205 form......it is basically an application for ownership of a vehicle.....not a lost title or an abandoned vehicle application but an ownership application......its not really common knowledge because they don't want people to think its "that easy".

I contacted the local secretary of state to see if there was a way to get a title for a vehicle I had that did not have a title and they said the ONLY way was to contact the last registered owner and have them take care of it ....but it would be worthless to me otherwise.

I then contacted the local police and they said there was nothing they could do either.

THEN I got ahold of a local sheriff that was a mopar fan and ended up getting buddy buddy with him and he told me what I did and told me about how they don't make it common knowledge on purpose .

so then all I had to do was go to my secretary of state, gave them the vin number.....they ran the vin to make sure it was not registered as stolen (took about 15 minutes to check) then they gave me a little slip that asked for make,model,vin,coupe or sedan and so on,year and all that type of stuff.....then I gave them $15.00 and right there on the spot it was legal in my name.

so before you go scraping it, do a little more research ,there are ways around it

Do not sign the title as some others have suggested in here. Don't screw yourself over at 18 by doing something dumb like this.

ok, so, he is now trying to itimidate you? post the number. if he gets some calls from all over the palce and us/ me saying im your cousin, from here, he will think you are the mob or something.lol

this douch, jason maddie. what is the other names on the title?

i'm gunna try and get it liscensed. all it needs is a head gasket a harmonic balancer (PO put one on but used the almighty ball peen hammer to do it and chipped it to sh*t so it's tore off) tires and a battery

so.............. is it turbo??????????

Okay, here is some advise from a former Military Policeman. If the second listed owner is in the service, you can contact the Post Locator at Ft Lwood and verify. If the guy is a service member, make a call to the Ft Lwood Provost Marshals office. Since he may be in the service, and his name is on the car, he is subject to the laws and is involved. Call your local law enforcement agency and make a police report of vehicle sale fraud. Trust me, most local laws this is a crime and there are penalties. I think you actually have to have a Bill of Sale in MO for tax reasons.

Just my 2 cents - hope it helps.

bill of sale is not required in mo, but they say you should get one though

@340 - wasn't sure. I may have been born at Ft LWood, but I am an Army brat.

-
Back