Think this is worth $4k??

-

cam.man67

Reaction score
Yup. That seems about right.

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/cto/4377031380.html
00g0g_855YYhoN8N5_600x450.jpg

not hardly-- unless the $$ are just burning up a hole in your pocket. that project needs a thorough inspection before any $$ is discussed, Lawrence

Not really. 73 swinger near me in same condition for $1500

I have one just like it except the paint is perfect ,body great,and the /6 runs great now, and I would be lucky to get 3000 around the wash dc area rust bucket foreign cars 5000

1500 if it runs and drives. For 4K, it's a BIG POS.

Haha, exactly what I thought. COnsidering there's a running, driving, clean /6 Feather Duster on my CL right now for only a little more than this, I was shocked.

I paid 2000 for my swinger and it was a running driving car with a perfect interior and 33,000 miles. That was eight years ago though!

It lloks like the torsion bar memeber is rusted , the drivers side wheel is sitting pretty far up in the wheel well , i see $ 1000.00 car at best

I paid 4K for mine but it was a running, driving car and 100% rust free. Id rather pay more for solid sheet metal then by a $1500 rotted east coast car and then spend 3K in sheet metal.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 418
1,000 to 1200 at most...hell I wouldnt give more than 6-700 for it..maybe if it was 72 and under years in any a-body would I consider more $$ but thats just my preference the front end is shot and there is alot more rust than you see which is typical of them...BUT...it is a duster,it is an a-body,it is a std floor shift car,they dont grow on trees anymore,and they are getting harder and harder to find as a complete car with all its components,the front end can be rebuilt and the rusty panels can be replaced,lots of aftermarket parts available now that used to not be available to restore them,costs and labor are high but that goes for any of them,so with that being said there is another factor to consider that those of us that have some of these cars already maybe do not grasp the concept of what we consider junk or undesireable to us may be someone elses dream project thats just coming into the hobby and are trying to do the best they can to obtain one in any condition to restore and to own because they see some of us with these cool cars and they want one of their own..some of us that lived thru the era when these were absolutely worthless to most and a premium or very nice one could be had for next to nothing cant necessarily understand the concept of paying high$$ for what we may think is a POS...yes it may be a POS but it could be your POS and with the right person and skills/money and desire it can be made into something of beauty...with more people getting into the hobby the price of these cars will go up like it has to an even greater rate...just because some of us doesnt think it's worth a certain amount doesnt mean it's not a good deal for someone else,as I too am guilty of these actions so I must put myself in check sometimes at what I see nowadays compared to yesteryear when that same car could be had for 200 bucs or less or even free..those days are GONE...just like these cars that are available will soon be gone in complete condition for the enthusiust who wants to get started...i remember when gas was 50cents or less a gallon also but thats ancient history now just as the availability of many things are getting to be,so the real worth is in the eye of the beholder and how much they want one is what dictates the price/value[which is a usually negotiable] so if it fits your budget and its what you want to restore and you feel its a fair value and understand what involved with restoration as far as the amount of work/money/dedication and an understanding of these cars/engines/trans/swapability/etc then do what you think is best....and since you are on the best site ever to get the best help ever with the best knowledge of these cars ever,and the best people to help you accomplish these goals then its your money,spend it like you want on what you want just try to be smart about it...what I may consider high at 1000bucs in my area may be worth 3000bucs to someone else in their area and peoples incomes comes into play as I may base my deductions on 15k a yr as to someone else making 40k a yr or whatever...so it may or may not be worth the asking price it depends on all the above and the person...

Nope. Not even close to $4k.

I bought my '74 Duster a little over a year ago and paid 2k for it. No rust, good interior, I even drove it around the block. Sure, the /6 turned out to be terminal, but it still said "runs and drives". And when I say no rust, I mean California no rust. As in, the paint on the trunk pan is as shiny as the paint on the outside.

With the rust that one has, I wouldn't give more than $1k. And its going to be a lot of work too. At the very least its going to need lower quarters, trunk extensions, and the driver's side floor pan. But I'd bet its worse than that. And something is definitely wrong with the suspension on the driver's side, its sitting on the LCA to get that low. I'd say that one's closer to being a parts car than a good start for a project. Only real advantages are that it already has 4 speed pedals and a floor shift column.

probably good advice for those just getting into the old car hobby is find someone experienced to help you look for a project. someone that has no experience needs help in finding those trouble spots!! an experienced hobbist will be able to advise if a little rust in frame is easily fixable and no real problem, OR if its a deal killer!!!! a young person lookin to get his feet wet, maybe find someone working on a project that he can go help and see if its something he realy wants to put his time and money into!????maybe he is the type that would love to drive an old mopar but not build the sucker!!!!
value? price? lets face it. a calif car thats pretty straight and and mostly rustfree, a guy back East would give his left n-- for something like that!! the guy back in calif wouldn't drag some of the right coast cars home for parts if ya gave it to him!!!
SOooo what is a horse worth??? answer: anything over the price of dogfood is SALESMANSHIP. substitute "car"for"horse"and " scrapmetal" for dogfood!!! LOL

-
Back