Thinking about quitting my job..

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
From the guy strutting around in his 'CHEVROLET' marked leather jacket, to the guy with 'Big Block Chevy' tattood on the back of his neck, to the guys at my lunch table constantly talking about how their import Honda's and Acura's have 1200 HP and slicks on the front wheel drive cars with body kits and big rims and blah blah blah.. :p It's getting to be too much!

:wack:

Not actually thinking about quitting though :) just ranting.

Not allowed to wear headphones or ear phones, but good thoughts!

Funny story from quite a few years ago, I work for a county repair facility and the shop supervisor wouldn't allow us to have a radio on. I started wearing those old headphones that were a radio (read: RADIO, not an Ipod since they were someones dream back then). One day the county safety guy came into the shop and saw me. It wasn't long after that we were allowed to have a radio on because the headphones were dangerous in that you couldn't hear what was going on around you in the shop. I guess I won that one!

Go by the parking lot, late.....leave rubber.....nuff said.

Or invite them to the track, your choice, might be fun.
Pretty sure there is some beer drinkin goin on!

LCjeff

PS.,,,So, no hearing protection? gotta hear the announcements or the 120Db siren warning of fire?
Hmmm.

I worked with younger guys who talked about on line games all the time. They spent I don't know how much money on video cards and and other pc stuff. Good God, get your *** outside and DO something. If I said something about a car show I went to they looked at me like I had swine flu. Jeeze

Go by the parking lot, late.....leave rubber.....nuff said.

Or invite them to the track, your choice, might be fun.
Pretty sure there is some beer drinkin goin on!

LCjeff

PS.,,,So, no hearing protection? gotta hear the announcements or the 120Db siren warning of fire?
Hmmm.

If I had the Dart up here I would! But I work in a camp job in the middle of nowhere, so, no vehicle up here.

And you're only allowed ear plugs if working near loud equipment, otherwise no ear plugs allowed because of moving cranes and equipment.

And a ton more rules here in the 'great' oil sands.

I worked with younger guys who talked about on line games all the time. They spent I don't know how much money on video cards and and other pc stuff. Good God, get your *** outside and DO something. If I said something about a car show I went to they looked at me like I had swine flu. Jeeze

ha! at my school theres 2 kids that are just like that. i made friends with a 30ish year old guy at school and, to boot hes a mopar guy! anyway he said he had a class with them and every time he had class they would be talking really loud about some video game or something. The one day he walked up to them as they were conversing about their games and said "do you guys know whats on this campus?" and they were like "uhh what?" and hes like " GIRLS! girls are on this campus! how do you expect to get any girls talking about this crap!"

anyway i wouldent quit working somewhere where people talk about fast chevys or fast imports, i mean thats the perfect place to talk smack then show them how much faster mopar is. The guy around the corner from me has a civic thats boosted to hell. theres a local spot where people street race and he says he destroys the corvettes. honestly for a ricer car i like it since it looks stock stock sized pipe and everything no fart cannon on it no body kit none of that BS. anyway its a cool car and its fast and its a sleeper, but a dart of equal value could kick its butt! :thebirdm: i say make fun of those bastards then make their jaws drop at the track.

I gave up my car when I was a freshman in highschool. I am 20, that was six years ago. I still do not have a car and I am still rebuilding it. Everyone gives me crap about me putting enough money into it that I could buy three new cars, but you simply cannot replace stomping on the gas, letting the *** end go sideways as you sqweel around a corner!! I work with people who ask about 454 hemis in mopar (;\) ?? anyways do what you want, I understand how annoying it is. Just think about what you need to do to make a living.

I work with a bunch of aircraft mechanics, and most of them don't know anything about cars. There are a few lemmings who are into Mustangs, and I actually work with 2 other Mopar guys (out of about 600).

One of the production guys at my work thinks we are best friends, he is the guy that buys the $300 POS car all the time and asks me to help him fix them. He has a Tracker that he wants me to help him replace the head gasket right now. You would think that after 9 years of me telling him that I don't want to help him fix his pile of crap cars he would get the picture. :angry7:

I threaten the people I don't like with a piece of rebar or I threaten to make them have to "Dukes of Hazard it" after I weld the doors on their cars shut. It makes them go away and leave me alone so I can work in piece.

There's only one guy at work that's into cars that i know of out of 200 or so, and he's into lowriders/tuners.
When i talk about cars, i get blank stares and a "whatever" response.
You should consider yourself lucky that you can talk about or argue about cars at work.
I feel like i'm in a gay bar at work sometimes!
Never the less, don't quit your job over this unless you have something lined up that's better.
If you are working in camp, it's easy to get shack-wacky!
Been there, done it.
Good luck to you.
Tom.

i guess im lucky, i hardly have to work with anyone, and the times i do, i hear stories about an old newport that was a first car,or a dodge van with a slant 6. mostly i read your stories while sitting here at work. so its kind of like im surrounded by mopar people.

i guess im lucky, i hardly have to work with anyone, and the times i do, i hear stories about an old newport that was a first car,or a dodge van with a slant 6. mostly i read your stories while sitting here at work. so its kind of like im surrounded by mopar people.

I'm with you Justin. Nobody within 100 miles of me does what I do, so I get left alone. I get on here once in a while when I have time and that makes the time more enjoyable.

Jack

The only thing the people I work with are into is golf. 80 to 100 dollars a pop to walk around, and put a little ball in a hole.

I was a mechanic for 10 years, and now that I don't do it for a living, I really miss it.

It eludes me as to why people have such an emotional attachment to a car or a brand.
I mean seriously, who gives a ****? Do your thing, let other people do theirs. I've heard all kinds of crap around here. When i do, I call them out on it. Tell them, let's line them up. Most of them usually shut up right there. But regardless, I could care less what other people say because most of them are completely full of ****. Especially those honda douches. Line up against my caliber and let's see what happens!!!! If not, I just laugh it off and go about my business.

I get the joke but I would like to have somebody at work that at least cares about cars. I have worked at 5 car part supplier plants over about 20 years in engineering/manufacturing and am amazed nobody seems to be into cars other than an appliance to get to work. Why would these folks go into engineering in Michigan in the first place? I did it because I wanted to do something with cars.

-
Back