Thinking of selling....Would you Pay $7000.00 for this?

-
Do they want 7K for that Monaco?

I think your Duster is worth more than that Monaco. A lot more. If you think your Duster is only worth $7K than I'd only pay $3500 for that Monaco. And that's generous to the Monaco.

That Monaco is a hard sell. What that Monaco is worth and what someone will actually pay for it are two different things. Much harder to find a buyer than your Duster.

You have so much money and time sorting out your Duster to buy someone else used C-body Monaco doesn't make sense. I'm sure you're going to have to sort it out all over again.

Man, I totally agree!! To me, C-bodies are generally a hard sell and appeal to a much narrower audience, so yeah....that thing oughta be going for cheap! You should be able to negotiate! I've felt like buying a C-body just because there's so much bang for the buck!

I would buy in a heart beat but i am working on a 340 Dart Swinger,money will be going to it.My cousin had a 340 Duster,plum crazy purple,had many a good times in it,but he ended up selling it.I wish i had the money cause i would of bought it,kicking myself now.You should get 7k for the Duster,looks good.Yes more pics of engine and interior would help sell it.Good Luck!!!

Nice car - Looks to be worth $7000. I like the C body also. Looks like you win either way.

Ma Snart

7K seems reasonable.......the market just sucks right now, and it will probably take you a while to sell it.

About 3 months ago I sold a nice solid 73 Rallye Charger 360/4 speed, with new interior, wheels and tires, a lot of mechanical work done (new brakes, shocks, new clutch, I pulled the engine, painted engine and bay) etc. etc. etc. The only thing car really needed was a fresh paint job, but it was presentable.
I saw folks asking anywhere from 8K to 12K for cars in similar condition, so I put it on eBay with a high reserve. Didn't sell, top bid was 5600. After it ended people started emailing offers, I finally sold it after a month and I took $6600 for it.

101_0616.jpg

Good luck with the sale,
Jason

It would fetch $7,000 easy in the PNW
I would probably ask 8 or 9 grand here.

Anyone interested in a Duster would save thousands of dollars buying one like yours instead of buying one to restore it.

7K seems reasonable.......the market just sucks right now, and it will probably take you a while to sell it.

About 3 months ago I sold a nice solid 73 Rallye Charger 360/4 speed, with new interior, wheels and tires, a lot of mechanical work done (new brakes, shocks, new clutch, I pulled the engine, painted engine and bay) etc. etc. etc. The only thing car really needed was a fresh paint job, but it was presentable.
I saw folks asking anywhere from 8K to 12K for cars in similar condition, so I put it on eBay with a high reserve. Didn't sell, top bid was 5600. After it ended people started emailing offers, I finally sold it after a month and I took $6600 for it.

101_0616.jpg

Good luck with the sale,
Jason

Wow....that's wild, Jason! A 4-speed charger for $6600?! Yeah, the market IS bad right now. People don't know what to expect will happen next, especially if gas goes higher! But I would say the duster is definitely worth $7K, it looks great.....and we all know what just a paint job and a fresh drivetrain costs! Good luck!

I would keep what you have, its built nice and like you said, you put lots of time and money in to it.

A different car will likely need work done to drive as nice.

Now is not a good time to sell either. I no idea when things will get better--if ever.

My car I had for 20 years now. Yeah it gets old sometimes but I try to change it around were I can. Maybe get a new stereo system, I changed my steering wheel with a nos direct connection one I found I ebay, ripped all the factory gauges out and went autometer.

Heck you could put an older front end on it to change how it looks.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I didn't just buy a nice 72 Swinger Special /6 car. Love the Monaco. I had a 66 Polara back in the day. Absolutely loved that car.

$7K??? Shouldn't be a problem. Your Duster is sweeeeet. A solid car that you can just go ahead and drive..... with a solid body.... great paint...... and a 340 to boot!! And we can't forget its tv appearance too. :prayer:

I love the C bodies also. I want a 300 Hurst real bad. A comfy cruising machine to soak up the miles and smiles! :D

Wylde1.

C'mon Chris. You could buy it, and drive it home :D

If I could get into the country I would already be on the plane , don't think I'm not trying to figure out a way to have it picked up as we speak , I can't believe what some people are saying here , that car is 12k anywhere and anybody who claims they can get better for less is full of it , If any of you saying that want to back it up let me know.

PS I've got a quote coming from SeaRail but they aren't working today

I love the C bodies also. I want a 300 Hurst real bad. A comfy cruising machine to soak up the miles and smiles! :D

Wylde1.

I hear ya.....I've been gettin' a hankerin' for a '68 300. LOVE those suckers! :hello1: :prayer: :shock:

3494614476_2364d82c02.jpg

Ok Tom I have seen your car in person and can give you my honest opinion. There is no way I would pay $7k for it that is rediculous!!! I wouldn't feel right stealing from you. That car is really nice and if you take a penny less then $7k you are crazy. I also happen to know that it has an 8 3/4 rear to go with it too. Whoever gets that car isn't buying just another Duster, they are buying the Sheetz gas station commercial car. That's right she was in a couple of commercials around the NC area. That should drive the value up a little. :cheers:

If I could get into the country

Yep, you guys gotta checkout going through customs sometime. Its like your on the top ten most wanted list. I would not dream of trying to buy a car in Canada and registering it in the USA.

I haven't even took my hot rod car across the border since 9/11. Now I'm thinking of maybe going to Mopar Fest this August with it. Its dream cruise time here in Detroit and lots of old cars from Canada come on over to visit but I got this dredged feeling US customs might flip out seeing a dual quad 340 in a 1978 car with no cats and other smog stuff and then totally regret going.

A few custom officers on the USA side are cool but some are totally meanies and they already flip out when I come back from having a great time in Toronto or the Falls...."you came all this way just to visit the falls" some US officer was shouting at me on the NY side once.

Canada customs are pretty cool, its the US side that the pits. I don't even wear a Vapor Lounge T Shirt, ha ha, oh man they would hit the roof if I did that

I thank everyone for their input on this. I am still on the fence as to sell it or keep it due to the fact my wife bought me this car a long time ago and my daughter (14 yrs old now) does not want me to sell it. I love that Monaco and wish I had the cash to buy it outright. But with Christmas just behind me and the fact that Sears is closing stores, I may as well hold off on another purchase. I am going to talk with the wife tonight and I will know tomorrow if I go ahead and sell or keep the car. There is a lot of sentimental value in this vehicle and for those reasons I want to keep it but as stated before, I would LOVE to have a big block Mopar and I have always Loved the Monaco. Hey the car has my last name- Monaco, so we will see. If I decide to sell I will start a thread on the for sale forums and take pics of the interior and motor. This car is a very nice car for what I have done to it and the cash and time I have invested into it. I know I could list it for more $$$ but it is a tough economy.

Hell yes!!! If i didn't have my Dart Sport i would buy it. If that was here in California and on craigslist it would sale easily 340 Dusters are the best sellers and with that paint job won't last two weeks; or at the pomona swap meet. If it don't have a 340 they really don't buy them. GOOD LUCK WITH THE SALE...........

I think you can get 7k for it it is a very nice car i'm not a fan of dusters but it looks very nice. I dont think you would get a quick sale in this economy,hopefully the monoco is for sale for less [much less] i don't like them at all [my opinion]. I would keep the duster.

If it was real tough to sell a 4spd 73 Rallye 340 (now 360) Charger....

Try selling a 65 Dodge Monaco !!

101_0616.jpg

Good luck with the sale,
Jason

I thank everyone for their input on this. I am still on the fence as to sell it or keep it due to the fact my wife bought me this car a long time ago and my daughter (14 yrs old now) does not want me to sell it.........

That's it. The estrogen in the family has spoken. You ain't sellin' jack. :mrgreen: Seriously, if I had a wifeypoo and she bought me a car, I couldn't sell it. Well unless there was a divorce and I want to whizz her off. lol :burnout:

Wylde1.

you forgot to mention an important selling aspect!!!!

that duster is FAMOUS!!!!!

post some links to videos of it in the commercial.

that could help sell it......but also would be another good reason to hang on to it.

-
Back