This bolt pattern business is killin' me!

-
D

Dirty Scamp

So help me out here. I have a 72 Scamp with 4 wheel drum with the small bolt pattern. I don't really mind the crappy brakes but I'm having a seriously tough time finding wheels that I like in 5 on 4.0. I guess I'll start searching the bone yards for a disc brake 73+ A-body to scavenge unless you guys have a better suggestion.

Also, if I'm going to snag the front discs I suppose I better do something about the rear. Pretty much any 73+ A-body disc brake car should have a 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern and the rear end (no matter what size) should bolt right into my Scamp, right? My car has a 7-1/4 rear right now.

unfortunately not all the later a bodies had the larger bolt pattern my 75 Dart has small bolt too. Its a big pain in the butt...

There was a post of a nice set of factory rally wheels on the club about a week ago for your pattern at a great price. Also Nostalgia wheel has Cragars in the works too that are 5 on 4.

Dirty Scamp said:
So help me out here. I have a 72 Scamp with 4 wheel drum with the small bolt pattern. I don't really mind the crappy brakes but I'm having a seriously tough time finding wheels that I like in 5 on 4.0. I guess I'll start searching the bone yards for a disc brake 73+ A-body to scavenge unless you guys have a better suggestion.

Also, if I'm going to snag the front discs I suppose I better do something about the rear. Pretty much any 73+ A-body disc brake car should have a 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern and the rear end (no matter what size) should bolt right into my Scamp, right? My car has a 7-1/4 rear right now.

'73 up disc cars have the 4.5" pattern as does the rears on those cars. Most have the 7 1/4 but some have the 8 1/4. These items will bolt right on your Scamp.

Chuck

I think it was user name Suregrip391 or something like that. who had the nice rallies for your car. They are the factory stockers and look very sweet if you want a stock look on it. I think they even had new rubber too?

Thanks for the help y'all. I did see that Centerline makes wheels in the small pattern but none of them tickled my fancy. I want to keep a stock look so I was hoping for either some rallies or some Magnum 500's in 15x7 but I can't find any. Pisses me off!

Riddle me this; what about just redrilling my drums and axles for the big pattern. Of course I haven't really even looked at my drums or axles to see if it can even be done, but as long as it's flat I don't see why it would be harmful. Square me up if I'm off kilter.

Rallyes can be had in small bolt 15 x 7. I have new 15 x 7 on the front and 15 x 8 on the back of my '72 Duster. Wheel Vintiques makes them and they are available from Summit.

Chuck

340mopar said:
Rallyes can be had in small bolt 15 x 7. I have new 15 x 7 on the front and 15 x 8 on the back of my '72 Duster. Wheel Vintiques makes them and they are available from Summit.

Chuck
Sweet! Solved my problem right there! Thanks!!! :cheers:

then you have drum brakes, all 73-76 disk brakes a bodies had bbp wheels.

75DartSwinger said:
unfortunately not all the later a bodies had the larger bolt pattern my 75 Dart has small bolt too. Its a big pain in the butt...

-
Back