This has been driving me NUTS

-
Just go out and try your best!If he beats you,tell him you,ll be back after you can afford some mods to compete.A 4 cyl. with a turbo?Take it to the track where it,s nice and sticky,watch him dump the clutch and snap an axel or CV joint.You win!Good Luck!:clock:

Well, i think, if i remember your build correctly, is you have to much carb. An 800 is way to big. It may choke it. Im also not sure on the cam specs, but i know the teens like the Voodoo 403.
To be hounest, i hope you win, but i think he's goona get you. Form what youve said, with the carb, cam, no upgrade in pistons, preformer, gears and manifolds. i dont see it, This is just my opinion, and maybe i missed something. I hope you prove me wrong. Good luck

Well, i think, if i remember your build correctly, is you have to much carb. An 800 is way to big. It may choke it. Im also not sure on the cam specs, but i know the teens like the Voodoo 403.
To be hounest, i hope you win, but i think he's goona get you. Form what youve said, with the carb, cam, no upgrade in pistons, preformer, gears and manifolds. i dont see it, This is just my opinion, and maybe i missed something. I hope you prove me wrong. Good luck

(sigh) For the umpteenth time it's an old Carter ThermoQuad carb. It's full flow capacity is around 800 cfm, but it is a spread-bore carb (very small primaries, pretty much stock 2-bbl size) with demand-type mechanical secondaries that use a vacuum-operated air door to admit only as much air as needed into the engine. This carb came stock on 360 4-bbl.'s as well as 400's and 440's with 4-bbl. carbs.

I'll probably beat him just because his driving technique sucks. I doubt he'll rev it high enough or shift quickly enough to beat me.

Also the cam is the 60401. 213/220* duration @ .050", .454/.476" lift.

Even if he does beat me I'll most likely have the heads ported with bigger valves installed as well as possibly a rear-end swap by the end of summer. Although I don't know how much money I'll make as I doubt I'll work full-time the summer before I start college.

(sigh) For the umpteenth time it's an old Carter ThermoQuad carb. It's full flow capacity is around 800 cfm, but it is a spread-bore carb (very small primaries, pretty much stock 2-bbl size) with demand-type mechanical secondaries that use a vacuum-operated air door to admit only as much air as needed into the engine. This carb came stock on 360 4-bbl.'s as well as 400's and 440's with 4-bbl. carbs.

I'll probably beat him just because his driving technique sucks. I doubt he'll rev it high enough or shift quickly enough to beat me.

Also the cam is the 60401. 213/220* duration @ .050", .454/.476" lift.

Even if he does beat me I'll most likely have the heads ported with bigger valves installed as well as possibly a rear-end swap by the end of summer. Although I don't know how much money I'll make as I doubt I'll work full-time the summer before I start college.

Actually the 800 cfm came stock on 318 4 bbl cop cars for many years. The secret to making them work right is to tune the secondary air door so the bog is eliminated. I've run many tq's over the years. They actually outperform most Edelbrocks and some Holley carbs when correctly tuned. They are also very simple!

Yup. that's why I worded it that way...lol. Have fun. It's about fun first.

-
Back