This is a nasty snow storm!

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
Reaction score
Look out Long Island & Jersey this one packs a punch & is just going to get stronger. We are at a foot and climbling in Va. with 25mph winds. You guys are going to get hammered. Thanks California for sending us this. Be safe.

Oldschoolcuda

Attachments

• snow5 031.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 336
  • snow5 035.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 338
Just finished shoveling out from about a foot here in North Carolina. This snow is heavy and not easy to move, especially when you have to shovel it from a gravel driveway with a spade type shovel. I no longer have any real "snow" shovels.

We do not get enough snow to warrant me buying a "real" shovel, so I used an old garden spade type shovel and believe me, my driveway is long and there was a lot of snow to move!!! Glad I did it though as my neighbor was backing out of his driveway and ended up in the ditch.

Blizzard warning here, expecting 1-2 feet. I have to drive an hour south to a job site at 6am in the morning. Yee-Haaa! The wife and kids are all staying home so I can wait till evening to do snow removal.

I've got two snow blowers. A small 2 cycle snow thrower for the small jobs and a 2 stage for the big dumps of snow. The 2 cycle thrower is a Toro Snow Master. it's 33 years old but was only used for 3 or 4 winters. It was my fathers and I just had it tuned up. It's great. Dad passed in '79 and I stored it for 30 years or so. The one he gave me just plain wore out and now his will take over. Thanks Dad.

We got about an 1" here in Ohio...................lol. Sorry, have fun and let me know how it works out for ya. I'm sure we will get ours soon enough.

let it snow here tonight in ny... got a cj jeep with a plow... can push anything,

Central Jersey getting hammered as we speak, fitting as the Giants got hammered as well.

Hmmm I must be lucky Im about 2 hours north of suffolk in Fredericksburg and we like 2 inches.

I bet it's been killing you to us it... LOL!

It gets used in the summer to push gravel/dirt around.. i also use the plow pump to pick engines up to move them around. chains on all 4 wheels in 4wl straight 6 got to love it.

Im excited to ride the sled tomorrow if we get enough. Already told my boss aka my dad is we get snow i'm not working

Missed us complete out here about 80 miles west of DC. Woohoo! :cheers:

Really isent that bad, went out and slid around on my toyota celica (darts staying off the road for the winter!). Also went out for a while on my 50cc honda clone. It was loads of fun, youd be suprised what i was taking my little 50 though. It was just really cold. but i guess thats no surprise. I say bring on the snow.

We are expecting more snow here in Syracuse, NY tonight, my snow blower is in the garage behind the Dart GT. We get the Lake Effect snow here and sometimes it can hit really hard. I cannot wait until spring to arrive so I can work on the Dart GT, every time we get a storm, I have to look at the GT in the garage and wish I could drive it again. I do not have a heated garage and it is small. So, I order parts in thee Winter and install when the warmer weather arrives.

The wind is blowing so much, I can't tell how much snow we have so far. Looks looks 8" on top of the garbage can, but less on the driveway around the truck, maybe 4"
Half tempted to go plow the driveway, but with the wind blowing so much, I'm not sure if it will do any good.
Have to get up early and plow so we can get to work.

What has the temperature been like?? They are predicting a couple of single digit nights for us this week.....

50 mph wind gusts. Its pretty bad out here. Whiteout conditions.

our local weather says that we will be spared the storm here in Syracuse, NY, the land of snow, hooray!

-
Back