This is just wrong!

-
That car is nice but who puts rack and pinion in an "old school" build. Not sure why they chose the early hemi either. A dual quad 409 would have been a better choice.

I agree about the rack and pinion should not have went in. But the Hemi is neat to see in there

I like the ad and the seller.

T for Texas, T for Tennessee!

Sounds like a solid machine in all aspects. Good way to spruce up a chevy by dropping an old school hemi in it.

I completely hate the appearance of most chevys, so the car in my opinion, sucks total ***.

Nice car but there are several things that aren't old school

tubular a arms,

disc brakes

rack 'n pinion

aluminum rad

whatever that "thing" is in the trunk (big stereo amp)

tilt column n' wheel ain't very "old school," either

and ralley wheels.

So it's a nice car, just don' try and BS me that it's somehow "old school."

The shell is the oldest part of the school. Overall though, I love it! Wouldn't pay that much for it though. Hemi in a Chevy just means it runs good lol.

And this why i can't ever be a purist. I don't see anything wrong. Personally i wouldnt do a hemi, but i wouldnt even do an old hemi in a mopar.

And this why i can't ever be a purist. I don't see anything wrong. Personally i wouldnt do a hemi, but i wouldnt even do an old hemi in a mopar.

Not about being a purist........... would you wear 2 different color socks?
:-|

Not a bad job on the car. Too pricey for me.

What the hell are "Socks" and where do they go on the car?:coffee2:

hey Magnumdust....we agree on this one!.....as long as when you say old Hemi, you mean the pre '66

not everyone gets to own a double-throw-down 68 HEMI Barracuda w/ EFI disguised as fuel injection

hey Magnumdust....we agree on this one!.....as long as when you say old Hemi, you mean the pre '66

not everyone gets to own a double-throw-down 68 HEMI Barracuda w/ EFI disguised as fuel injection

Nope i mean pretty much all pre-03' hemi's. Not that theyre bad engines, theyre just too expensive and sought after.

Its my same logic behind why i would never want to own a muscle car worth 6 digits plus. You don't want to destroy it and be out of ton of money.

Not about being a purist........... would you wear 2 different color socks?
:-|

That's not remotely a good comparison. Maybe fair if it had mismatch wheels on the pass/driver side. Wearing mismatched socks makes you look like a hobo. A different engine swap looks fine from the outside, but a handful of people will nitpick the details.(such as yourself)

If you want to do a clothes comparison its like asking would i go out wearing pants that are from a different company than my shirt. And to that i say: Of course i would.

1957 plymouth fury burn out
a better car in 57
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X95XEwdwos"]1957 plymouth Christine doing one last burnout before winter - YouTube[/ame]

i like the seller ......the fact that he admits that he is a car flipper......thats much more respectable than a guy trying to blow smoke up your...what. LOL

personally i dont see anything wrong with the car.......50s stuff is a different ballpark and for all i can see is that its an old hot rod with a old hot rod engine.

this car to me is wayyyy more respectable and less mismatched than a classic mopar of the late 60s early 70s with a 2000 something HEMI or viper whatever.

I did it when I was late for work. Grabbed what I thought was 2 black socks. Ended up being a dark grey and a black

its a chevy so it sucks
and it sucks that they put a mopar in it
to try and make it better

-
Back