This is so sad

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
2 feet deep ? I guess once she started to step in, her body shut down from the electrically and she could not pull herself out and burned up. What a way to die and so young. People frown on suing sometimes but what else can her family do and what good does suing do for her, shes dead. What an outgoing girl. The more I think about her dying, the sadder I'm getting. Many girls would be like, I'm not getting wet, no way, I might melt away, lol

N.Y. girl electrocuted playing mini-golf in Orlando

ORLANDO - Authorities say an 11-year-old New York girl was electrocuted while trying to retrieve a ball from a pond at a time-share resort's miniature golf course near Orlando.

Orange County deputies say Ashton Jojo cried out in pain Wednesday afternoon as she stepped into the 2-foot-deep pond. Orange Lake Resort guest Christopher Burges of Alabama heard her screams and tried to rescue her. He was also injured.

The girl died shortly after arriving at Florida Hospital Celebration.

The Orlando Sentinel (http://bit.ly/LvxFas ) reports that a medical examiner confirmed electrocution as the cause of death Thursday. Inspectors say it appears that electrical breakers for the pond's pump were improperly replaced.

Authorities say the Latham, N.Y., girl turned 11 on Friday. She was visiting Orlando with her parents and a brother. He was also checked out at the hospital, but apparently wasn't injured.

Thats a shame I don't really like the idea of suing either but I would
Say that the family will have a putt putt course for sale in Orlando
Soon. But your are right it will not bring her back. Just sad

As a parent, my thoughts go out to family. No one should ever have to out live their child. It's very sad.

Cause it was unforeseen the water could be electrically charged. I mean who would have thought. Heck I'm not swimming with a pool light on anymore. It looks pretty at night with the light shining under the water. I was told in the past it is a bad idea to have the light on and go swimming, guess who ever told me that many moons ago were right.

The pump ran the fountain...hell, I pump the water out of my winter pool cover every spring and I stick my hand in the water to clear the pump from the leaves while the pump is running...I gotta be more careful, circuit breakers can stick, its unlikely but why gamble ?

I would not be so quick to blame a circuit breaker. 'News' reporters are notorious for not knowing WTF they are talking about. Nevertheless, this probably could have been prevented, and very disturbing

When I was in HVAC/R service I saw PLENTY of questionable crap. Sometimes it was difficult to get a customer to fix something and keep them as a customer. It seems in some ways that the larger the city, the worse this can get.

I once had a part time job for a cheap SOB that was part of a local family who ran some laundramats. The cheap SOB required his girls, if they closed early, to shut off the timer driven sign manually. Geezus, how much can a couple of extra hours running a damn SIGN cost, anyway?

Anyhow, the timer unknown to me, was missing the cheap fiber insulator panel over the terminals. The girls had to stand on a stool, gripping a nearby conduit, to reach the timer. One PREGNANT girl got ahold of this thing, it knocked her down and she sprained an ankle. It could have just as easily killed her baby or her

I actually got into a pretty heated argument with the cheap SOB that I remember to this day

Just like this one---missing the terminal cover on the bottom

water_heater_timer.jpg

-
Back