This is what it ran , how much is left in it

-

1fastgreencar

Reaction score
74 Dodge Dart street trim 727 reverse valve body 8 1/4 with 373 gears ,90/10 shocks up front stock shocks in back, seems to hook ok. 408 stroker motor from blue print ,air gap intake ,750 holly dp. Cam is 545 intake 545 exhaust,241 intake 247 exhaust duration @.050-110 degree lobe separation dyno sheet said 445 hp 500 ft lbs of Torque cheep headers nito street drag radios
60ft 1.73
1/8 7.95 @ 85 mph
1/4 12.59@ 102 mph
First time posting a thread so be kind scratch that have fun I have thick skin lol

You have more. 102 mph is not performing for your combo. I'd think your mph should be around minimum 112+.

Last edited:
You have more. 102 mph is not performing for your combo. I'd think your mph should be around 112+
Thank you iv been out of raceing for 30’years or so and only done street raceing back then, where would I start looking for that 10mph it seems to pull hard all the way Thur , no brake in up pulls hard thanks for any help you may have

I agree...... the MPH seems rather low.

What does it weigh?
Exhaust open of closed?
Shift RPM?
RPM at the finish line?
Std or Auto trans?

Even at 3600lbs on the line, in “reasonable” air......... should be 111-113....... pretty easily.

Well, if it was dyno tuned to 445 hp/500 torque, then you'd have the tuning specs.
Lets start easy...
  • Is the throttle coming all the way open?
  • Are you shifting the same RPM that it dyno'd 445 hp?
Looks like your hooking good, 60 ft time could be 1.6's, but 1.7's isn't too far off.

Agreed. I think I more gear would help as well as drag shocks. What size tires? And what stall converter? Stalling at? Flashing at?

This is your “Street car?” As it is not a drag car right?

FWIW, that engine is going to wake up nicely with ported heads. In the future....

727 trans shifting at 6200 crossing the line at 6000rpm I’m guessing on the lbs with me in it 3400
Hooker headers 3 inch with open mufflers not sure of the brand

I will make this statement right now. Do NOT throw a bunch of parts at it to compensate for the issue(s). Get it right the way it sits.

Sure hope its got more for comparison my "stock" stroke 360 has been a best 11.78 @112..

Thank you all for the reply’s I’m very new to this computer stuff so bare with me please lol dyno said 5500 so no I’m shifting higher . Headers 3 in pipes mufflers down spouts at the rear yes street car goes to the track once a month throttle was opening I’ll cheack that again tires 225 r 15 not sure on that cars in Michigan I’m in Florida right now

Thank you all for the reply’s I’m very new to this computer stuff so bare with me please lol dyno said 5500 so no I’m shifting higher . Headers 3 in pipes mufflers down spouts at the rear yes street car goes to the track once a month throttle was opening I’ll cheack that again tires 225 r 15 not sure on that cars in Michigan I’m in Florida right now
Over shifting a motor will not result in gain. Especially a motor with a 4" arm

Def “should” run 11’s.

Try lowering the shift point to 55-5600 for starters......... after you’ve gotten some decent repeatability out of it..... start sneaking up on the shift rpm...... like 200 at a time..... see what it likes.
It’s certainly possible 6200 is what it wants....... but I suspect the sweet spot will be lower than that.

And yes, double check for full throttle, and that the kickdown linkage(if it has it) isn’t binding up and not allowing the carb to open all the way.

I also agree it’s best to get what you have sorted out rather than throw a bunch of parts at it.

Even if it weighed 3500-3550lbs....... that 102mph is only showing 290hp......... so there’s a lot left to sort out.

Oh, and you’re sure you kept your foot in it to just past the finish line?

Rumble fish yes I have plans on haven the heads done this winter but I didn’t want to touch the motor till the #Warranty was up
318willrun I will try changing my shift point next time I’m at the track and see how that works again thanks

Rumble fish yes I have plans on haven the heads done this winter but I didn’t want to touch the motor till the #Warranty was up
318willrun I will try changing my shift point next time I’m at the track and see how that works again thanks
Well, until then, happy ET hunting!

Def “should” run 11’s.

Try lowering the shift point to 55-5600 for starters......... after you’ve gotten some decent repeatability out of it..... start sneaking up on the shift rpm...... like 200 at a time..... see what it likes.
It’s certainly possible 6200 is what it wants....... but I suspect the sweet spot will be lower than that.

And yes, double check for full throttle, and that the kickdown linkage(if it has it) isn’t binding up and not allowing the carb to open all the way.

I also agree it’s best to get what you have sorted out rather than throw a bunch of parts at it.

Even if it weighed 3500-3550lbs....... that 102mph is only showing 290hp......... so there’s a lot left to sort out.

You have more. 102 mph is not performing for your combo. I'd think your mph should be around minimum 112+.

Def “should” run 11’s.

Def “should” run 11’s.

gotcha will definitely will be checking the throttle and start my shift point at 5500

Lmao sorry about the screwed up post thinks above I’ll get it just like I’ll get this car in the 11s

What converter is in it. I think it should be low 1.6 60 foot time. Mph seems way low to me also.

Sure it's not spinning the tires?

Not at all making jokes or being a jerk on purpose but I have the same question PRH had; do you know where the finish line is to know you are staying in the throttle all the way to the finish line?
Been out a few times with people that thought the 990 foot beams were the finish line.
If you definitely know where the finish line is, and you know you were in the throttle, then I would ask what it feels like in third gear; is it still pulling hard or does it seam to be losing momentum before the finish line? Basically, do you have enough fuel volume for that engine and horsepower?

What converter is in it. I think it should be low 1.6 60 foot time. Mph seems way low to me also.

Sure it's not spinning the tires?
3000 stall and it sure felt like hook hard on the 12.5 run as where the other two runs it didn’t hook

Not at all making jokes or being a jerk on purpose but I have the same question PRH had; do you know where the finish line is to know you are staying in the throttle all the way to the finish line?
Been out a few times with people that thought the 990 foot beams were the finish line.
If you definitely know where the finish line is, and you know you were in the throttle, then I would ask what it feels like in third gear; is it still pulling hard or does it seam to be losing momentum before the finish line? Basically, do you have enough fuel volume for that engine and horsepower?
Lol I thought I ran it out the back I’ll double cheack that also

Unless you have a 22.5" rear tire something is WAY off. 6K rpm with 10% slip and a 26" tire should be about 118. Even if you clicked it off at the first light at finish line, you aren't losing that much MPH unless on the brakes. Make sure you check trans fluid level in "N", otherwise it can be a few quarts low.

With those heads and cam it's going to be done around 5400-5600 is my guess. Sounds like a comp XE-HL series camshaft.

The times are about right for a 12.50 set up. 1.70-75 60', 7.9's, 12.50. MPH is pretty close at 1/8th too, 85. It should run low 11's and mid/upper teens for MPH is my guess.

This isn't a launch issue, it's a down the track issue.

The tune must be way off. Jet, fuel delivery, timing. The numbers say the converter is slipping more than 20%. If correct, that's horrible! The converter is the MOST important piece of the puzzle and the place where people cheap out the most!

Last edited:
-
Back